deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Are there any decent news sites anymore?
(01-18-2024, 10:13 AM)Halfswede Wrote: That seems like a very overt effort of guilt by association -- GWP and Conservative Treehouse have a long history of just making things up.  I know you used sole-source as the caveat, but your list and comments have me suspicious that you haven't bothered to even read them.  If that isn't the case, perhaps you could be more specific about what you found to be untrue.

I would challenge you to find one non-factual article on ET.  You may not like conservative ideals, but the articles are always heavily sourced and they often have exclusives because of significant FOIA and investigative efforts, such as Ashley Babbit's shooter calling in an 'active shooter' situation to cover his butt. Even their coverage of election fraud and J6 has only ever stuck with presentable facts. 

To be fair there are people to this day who think any mention of Hunter Biden's laptop is Russian disinfo and should be censored in spite of the DOJ admitting it and its contents are real, so who are the real conspiracy-driven folks?

I wouldn't sole-source any news, but this thread is about good news sites that present fair and accurate news.

Once again, I would challenge you to read and post one article from there that isn't factual. It has quite a bit of very good coverage on sports, economy, science, arts and literature as well. Politics is not the main focus even though it is on everyone's mind and at the forefront of almost all media.

I listed 7 total sites that I wouldn't use as a solo source with those being: The Epoch Times, Natural News, TGP, CTH, 4Chan, Reddit, CNN, MSN, Wiki. I have to wonder why you focused on The Epoch Times ( a conservative site) vs realizing that its essentially 50% democrat and 50% republican which I would not solo source. 

Still, I have no bias towards either side because , much like I said over and over on a past site, I do not not think that the current POTUS and the last POTUS are anywhere near good enough to lead this country. That both parties have to do way better then they have. 

In regards to The Epoch Times again as shown on that other site I don't believe in posting anything unless I have good information to make and informed decision on whatever it is I am saying. I've been to The Epoch Times quite a bit and just by looking at the article rotation you can easily see they are anti-vax which I don't agree with and very pro-Trump. Inherently people or sites should be able to believe what they want so at its core I support them being antivax and huge supporters of Trump. I disagree with both but as I said, I support their choice to do just that. Which leads to that list of sites I wouldn't solo source. When trying to figure out the truth, using anything or anyone with a clear bias means you are only getting 1 side of the story.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are there any decent news sites anymore? - by opethNJ - 01-20-2024, 06:43 PM