deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Are there any decent news sites anymore?
(01-18-2024, 01:09 AM)opethNJ Wrote: For me personally I would never use The Epoch Times, Natural News, The Gateway Pundit or The Conservative TreeHouse as a solo source due to their far Right, Conspiracy driven perspectives. Along those lines I don't use Reddit or 4Chan as a solo source. Finally,  I don't like to use CNN, MSM or Wiki as solo source.

Unless its a topic I am already knowldgeable on I try to getting confirming information on whatever item from multiple different sources.
That seems like a very overt effort of guilt by association -- GWP and Conservative Treehouse have a long history of just making things up.  I know you used sole-source as the caveat, but your list and comments have me suspicious that you haven't bothered to even read them.  If that isn't the case, perhaps you could be more specific about what you found to be untrue.

I would challenge you to find one non-factual article on ET.  You may not like conservative ideals, but the articles are always heavily sourced and they often have exclusives because of significant FOIA and investigative efforts, such as Ashley Babbit's shooter calling in an 'active shooter' situation to cover his butt. Even their coverage of election fraud and J6 has only ever stuck with presentable facts. 

To be fair there are people to this day who think any mention of Hunter Biden's laptop is Russian disinfo and should be censored in spite of the DOJ admitting it and its contents are real, so who are the real conspiracy-driven folks?

I wouldn't sole-source any news, but this thread is about good news sites that present fair and accurate news.

Once again, I would challenge you to read and post one article from there that isn't factual. It has quite a bit of very good coverage on sports, economy, science, arts and literature as well. Politics is not the main focus even though it is on everyone's mind and at the forefront of almost all media.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are there any decent news sites anymore? - by Halfswede - 01-18-2024, 10:13 AM