deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about an Interesting as HECK thread???
(06-29-2024, 07:08 PM)broccoli Wrote: Did you know :O cashews come from a fruit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzKFbUxYJys

Something interesting about cashews...

I never knew what cashews were, and I always wondered.  They're not what most people thing (or even close).

I lived over in SE Asia for a while (where cashews come from), and yes, it is a fruit, but it's a crazy fruit indeed.

I quickly learned that the cashews I knew are garbage compared to the cashews in Asia,   What we get in the States amounts to stuff people pick up behind a dumpster in Asia.  Most of the really good #1 and #2 cashews go up to China, and most people have never even seen one (let alone a jar full of them).  The really good, warmed, cashew nuts are better like the best lobster or crab, they're fantastic (i.e. soft, flavorful and out of this world).  What we get are the cast offs, ends and broken pieces...and people think these are great (because that's all they know).  I've seen cashew nuts as big as your thumb (seriously), and when they're toasted and served warm, honest, you've never had anything as good!

Most people don't even know about the crazy fruit which yields cashews, nor the people who give their fingers up to harvest and process them.

I've been to places where people pay hundreds of dollars for a bowl of cashew nuts, toasted and/or smoked to absolute perfection.  It's a spectacular treat.

Now, here in the US, I can hardly eat cashew nuts anymore (yes, I got spoiled).  What's available here is just laughable.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How about an Interesting as HECK thread??? - by FlyingClayDisk - 06-30-2024, 01:03 AM