deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Julian Assange to be released from jail
(06-29-2024, 08:19 PM)Karl12 Wrote: Reckon the usual intel agencies may well have him over a barrel mate and it's certainly not based on 'nothing'.

Just how much do you know about his early years (and handlers) and why are you so cocksure he is not an asset?

That is a very valid question.

I will admit I know next to nothing about "who Julian Assange is."  I know precious little about the man.

But if the assertion was NOT true... namely, that he is an asset of some agency of power... he is now. 

"Freedom" has vulnerabilities when those with power can find or manufacture an excuse to break the law. 
How they try to 'sell' their excuse is yet another caustic effect of their falsity.

Many of the people I converse with seem to align with a certain characterization of agencies for doing things which (in my time) they never did before.  I won't say it began with the horrific tragedy of September 11th, but I will say it took form and coalesced in government shortly thereafter.  Environments such as those create a particularly sensitivity in some people, a drive to truly understand what happened, or what is happening... the establishment would call this a "mind virus" (and they have.) 

That social impulse reverberated into more than just one generation (in some cases around the world.) 

I expect Mr. Assange was among those who was in the 'want to know' camp, and was Utopian-minded about sharing it. He was both capable and in the proper position to act on the impulse, he made a choice.  Assange appears to have been a highly competent, well-networked director/manager... I can't place him as an asset of any kind... but of course I could just be naïve.  The world into which he was plunged was not built for his survival... but, where there is a will (who's will?) there's a way... hence the mystery.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Julian Assange to be released from jail - by Maxmars - 06-29-2024, 10:03 PM