deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Julian Assange to be released from jail
(06-27-2024, 02:12 AM)Kenzo Wrote: Reminder that Julian Assange was a Russian asset who cooperated with Russian Intelligence

He published data that was coming from Russian GRU intelligence officer ( Guccifer ) which was illegally stolen . He caused severe risk to many poeple by publishing their identity.

Vatnin Soup Julian Assange

Opinion The Mueller report confirms it: Assange is not a whistleblower or a journalist

Russia, Assange and WikiLeaks: 1998-2023

Julian Assange: Journalist, or Russian Asset?

Julian Assagne is a journalist and an activist.

He isn't a Russian asset (whatever this means) and not related to Putin and the regime in Russia.

He isn't an American citizen and the laws of the US don't apply to him or to anyone who isn't an American citizen.

It doesn't matter how the information was obtained as he is a journalist and he he has the obligation to publish the relevant information for the whole world to see the war crimes committed by the US.

(06-26-2024, 11:27 PM)Maxmars Wrote: I will counter you on the point that Trump wanted him kidnapped or killed.  You really don't know that.

Part of the CIA's function (along with the Department of Defense in general) is to plan for all contingencies.  Of course they drafted up numerous possible things they could do about the Wikileaks "threat."  That is what they do.  The have planned many (MANY) things that are abhorrent to many people.  Even to the extent of discussing doing things which are entirely prohibited - legally and morally.  In that regard, ALL major governments do this.  They think it "necessary" to practice that kind of "readiness."

Whether and how Trump was briefed about this, and what his personal intentions were, are two very different things.

I'll grant that you may regard President Trump with immense disdain, that is your right.  But it is also the right of anyone else to judge that at face value, as a personal opinion.

It might serve you to resort the the perennial activist's methods proclaiming "you're apologizing for him/them/it" as a means to delegitimize any future attention to the fact that you are making pure supposition.  But that is not an argument.  That is an accusation.

Ironically, I am not unpersuaded of the larger implications of the observation that the CIA (or more likely the FBI) actually made the effort to leak this to the press.  That had  a purpose which I will leave to interested readers to discern on their own.  

I believe there is a lot of shame to go around...

After all, Mr. Assange had to agree to purge the WikiLeaks data set, specifically, of all records of the Democrat E-mail messages... over a hundred thousand of them... an interesting 'condition' to impose on his release.  I suggest that it points to a more narrow motive for the crafters of his situation.

I don't expect you would agree, and of course, that is your right.

I would say the way Guardian has put it (the article is over two years old), is correct.
Everything happened under Trump and his administration. They were seriously thinking of kidnapping him or even killing him. That speaks volumes on how the deep state operates showing complete disregard for international law, laws in general, ethics and mortality. The Guardian didn't go ahead to say who saaid what and why the operation didn't go ahead. We know Trump and Pompeo (and the current administration) are part of the deep state, are immoral with twisted criminal minds.

Julian Assagne has had more offers to escape prison but he did stick to his principles and only after his family pushed him accepted the latest offer so he could reunite with his family.

Shame on the US and the UK (and Sweden for the fake rape accusations that collapsed).

You may want to watch the testimony of Dr Varoufakis who is a personal friend of Mr Assagne and I believe served as an elected politician in the European and Greek Parliaments.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Julian Assange to be released from jail - by Notran - 06-27-2024, 04:11 AM