deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Julian Assange to be released from jail
(06-26-2024, 06:41 PM)Notran Wrote: No evidence exists for the claim you made.

In fact it looks like you try to apologise for the disgraceful behaviour of the Trump administration and the then CIA director Mike Pompeo.

The truth is that they were thinking of kidnapping him or even assassinating him.

The Guardian didn't claim it happened. It gives a historical account of things that DID happen.

I will say again how easily for people is to be mislead by fascists like Pompeo, Trump, and co. Shame on them for once more.

Editing: Even if what you said was true it's not making Trump's position any better! Think about it!
They decided to kidanapp him and assassinate him but finally Trump and his 'colleagues' postponed the operation. How humane and charitable!

I will counter you on the point that Trump wanted him kidnapped or killed.  You really don't know that.

Part of the CIA's function (along with the Department of Defense in general) is to plan for all contingencies.  Of course they drafted up numerous possible things they could do about the Wikileaks "threat."  That is what they do.  The have planned many (MANY) things that are abhorrent to many people.  Even to the extent of discussing doing things which are entirely prohibited - legally and morally.  In that regard, ALL major governments do this.  They think it "necessary" to practice that kind of "readiness."

Whether and how Trump was briefed about this, and what his personal intentions were, are two very different things.

I'll grant that you may regard President Trump with immense disdain, that is your right.  But it is also the right of anyone else to judge that at face value, as a personal opinion.

It might serve you to resort the the perennial activist's methods proclaiming "you're apologizing for him/them/it" as a means to delegitimize any future attention to the fact that you are making pure supposition.  But that is not an argument.  That is an accusation.

Ironically, I am not unpersuaded of the larger implications of the observation that the CIA (or more likely the FBI) actually made the effort to leak this to the press.  That had  a purpose which I will leave to interested readers to discern on their own.  

I believe there is a lot of shame to go around...

After all, Mr. Assange had to agree to purge the WikiLeaks data set, specifically, of all records of the Democrat E-mail messages... over a hundred thousand of them... an interesting 'condition' to impose on his release.  I suggest that it points to a more narrow motive for the crafters of his situation.

I don't expect you would agree, and of course, that is your right.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Julian Assange to be released from jail - by Maxmars - 06-26-2024, 11:27 PM