deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about an Interesting as HECK thread???
(06-25-2024, 03:10 PM)schuyler Wrote: "No doubt, and shaking the bottle first will make that process even easier."

So will sticking a knife inside the bottle. Both that and shaking the bottle have no class. That's why I used the word "finesse."

LOL!  OOOookay...but does the word "finesse" really even belong in the same sentence as "ketchup"????  Could someone please pass the black truffles and truffle shaver along with the Pule.  Sheesh!

(06-25-2024, 03:28 PM)ArMaP Wrote: What does that longest word is supposed to mean?

The 189k letter word is some medical chemical formula word as I understand it.  A molecular forumula of some sort, or a description of the same.

edit -- I can't imagine anyone ever using such a word, and I suspect it is rolled up into an acronym, but even the acronym must be as long as your arm!  So, there most be some other more practical way to express the same thing.  Can you even imagine someone handing you a letter or paper with a single word which was (16) pages long just by itself???
It would look like..."First you add one liter of water and then start adding the 18 grams of aflkasfaldjadldgjadlfgjdflgjsdlgjs'fdgjsoigusrtogsijgsklbnxkfbhjxviohkdgfjhoasidfjbmzeepoinaoiadfanaeroiubaohlkajdgadflkmsdfhbvciuhsaaltijagnzvlj (plus 15.5 more pages and 189,650 more characters)!  Following this, you add 17 ml of sodium and 16 ml of denatured alcohol"  LOL!!  Lol

A definition I found reads as follows (for the 189,819 letter word)...

Quote:The longest recognized systematic name is for the protein titin, at 189,819 letters. While lexicographers regard generic names of chemical compounds as verbal formulae rather than words, for its sheer length the systematic name for titin is often included in longest-word lists.

I read that the word is so long it actually takes (3) HOURS to say it!!!  LOLOLOLOLOL~!!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: How about an Interesting as HECK thread??? - by FlyingClayDisk - 06-25-2024, 03:29 PM