Deny Ignorance
I'm old, cranky, & set in my ways, but I'm heeerre... - Printable Version

+- Deny Ignorance (https://denyignorance.com)
+-- Forum: Deny Ignorance (https://denyignorance.com/Forum-Deny-Ignorance)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://denyignorance.com/Forum-Introductions)
+--- Thread: I'm old, cranky, & set in my ways, but I'm heeerre... (/Thread-I-m-old-cranky-set-in-my-ways-but-I-m-heeerre)

I'm old, cranky, & set in my ways, but I'm heeerre... - lostgirl - 12-12-2023

Hello all!
Despite my username, I am staring down the barrel of birthday #60 (I was a still youthful 39 yrs old when I joined ATS - it's been a rough 10 years!)

I do a lot more reading than posting these days, and have a deep appreciation for a great many longtime members of ATS, many of whom seem not to be around there much anymore...

I joined Rogue Nation during one of the ATS 'glitches', but I find it a bit overwhelming 'user-wise' so not sure how often I'll 'visit' here -

- But, I am grateful for the opportunity to join the "Deny Ignorance" forum and thank you to KKLOCO from ATS for the link over there, which brought me here.

Smile

RE: I'm old, cranky, & set in my ways, but I'm heeerre... - KKLoco - 12-12-2023

(12-12-2023, 07:11 PM)lostgirl Wrote: Hello all!
Despite my username, I am staring down the barrel of birthday #60 (I was a still youthful 39 yrs old when I joined ATS - it's been a rough 10 years!)

I do a lot more reading than posting these days, and have a deep appreciation for a great many longtime members of ATS, many of whom seem not to be around there much anymore...

I joined Rogue Nation during one of the ATS 'glitches', but I find it a bit overwhelming 'user-wise' so not sure how often I'll 'visit' here -

- But, I am grateful for the opportunity to join the "Deny Ignorance" forum and thank you to KKLOCO from ATS for the link over there, which brought me here.

Smile

I’m recruiting the best of the best!

We all know ATS is on borrowed and then again beyond borrowed time.

I don’t have any credentials. Hopefully I don’t get in trouble. Doing my best to be discreet.  Beer

RE: I'm old, cranky, & set in my ways, but I'm heeerre... - DontTreadOnMe - 12-12-2023

Despite my username, I am staring down the barrel of birthday #60 (I was a still youthful 39 yrs old when I joined ATS - it's been a rough 10 years!

Smile

Welcome, lostgirl  Wink
Love your Intro title!!!!
Could be used to describe me!!! 
Yep...... I'm old, cranky, & set in my ways, but I'm heeerre...

RE: I'm old, cranky, & set in my ways, but I'm heeerre... - DontTreadOnMe - 12-12-2023

(12-12-2023, 07:17 PM)KKLoco Wrote: I’m recruiting the best of the best!

........ Doing my best to be discreet.  Beer

I appreciate the help!!!! Ats2508_cheers

RE: I'm old, cranky, & set in my ways, but I'm heeerre... - KKLoco - 12-12-2023

(12-12-2023, 07:20 PM)DontTreadOnMe Wrote: Beer
I appreciate the help!!!! Ats2508_cheers

Well, you singlehandedly unleashed the recruiting Kraken…  Lol

‘‘Twas my same responsibility when SO announced the sale back in 2020.

Anything I can do to help the community!  Beer

RE: I'm old, cranky, & set in my ways, but I'm heeerre... - TSK - 12-12-2023

Smile

Happy to have you!!! I was 16 when I joined ATS back in 2003, and I'm 36 now, so I can relate. You've got a few years on me, but where did the time go?? Think of DI as ATS was when you joined all those years ago. That's what we want to represent. The real community that we all were.

RE: I'm old, cranky, & set in my ways, but I'm heeerre... - xpert11 - 12-12-2023

Smile

Welcome to the long-term ATS and Deny Ignorance journey. I was 17 when I joined ATS, and I turned 39 after being shipwrecked.

RE: I'm old, cranky, & set in my ways, but I'm heeerre... - putnam6 - 12-13-2023

Smile

Age is just a number, but....

When I was 30 if I looked at a picture of my current 59-year-old self I would have likely both laughed and cried. Like I do as I look in the mirror every morning. I then pluck the overnight growth of nose and ear hairs and gleefully try and go about my day....

Ats2485_banana