deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Time Slip Lore
Here's a fun YouTube hole topic for me.

[Video: https://youtu.be/qdMX0T0DTQM?si=RKwAeHl3GAvIjNYQ]

Of course we can explain it, but what fun is "they made it up?"

I like these, they are constructed like creepy pastas and have an urban lore feel. And it's fun to consider what they could be.

Assuming these things aren't made up, and people are going temporarily through time, what is causing these temporal disturbances, and why do they go both directions?

I'm not one for this singular linear determinism thing. The skips into the future seem as impossible as beating the uncertainty principle.

I have often wondered if apparitions are temporal. I don't discount anyone's experience, and believe people are seeing things, but what they are seeing may be like the Shining. The fracturing or imprint upon time even.

Where little Danny still sees the Slaughtered Twins of The Corn as they appeared at that traumatic event, timestamped in the hallway.

And because of this temporal disturbance the place withalways have an unconscious psychic draw and be prone to endlessly cycling paranormal phenomenon.

All that is so much more fun then, "They made it up, you're stupid and gullible."
[Image: xn661c5393.jpg]
Undecided voter
Wonderful thread mate and thanks for the video - off to watch!

Can well believe this kind of freaky stuff goes on and have read lots of reports over the years - if you're ever in England get your good self down to Bold Street in Liverpool - some cheeky timeslip antics and Oz factors reported (also watches running backwards).

[Video: https://youtu.be/m4782MavWl4]

Quote:Numerous stories tell of experiencing a time slip, transporting Bold Street visitors to the 1940s or 50s.

The paranormal phenomena surrounding Bold Street has been linked to the powerful electricity from Central Station.

Not forgetting, Liverpool was built upon sandstone. Some suggest that the quartz from sandstone could create a magnetic field, affecting both time and the mind.

Link

Beer
Thank you!

Bold Street stories are some of the best ones, because there are so many that happen. And I'm not willing to say it's totally an urban legend, or a bunch of drunks blacking out. Which I've heard is on par for Bold Street.

Here's another one off Bold St:

[Video: https://youtu.be/xCVdnwcxoBs?si=wveGe920AE8fs_JJ]

Here's a "parallel universe" one, which may be better than the time slip ones.
Undecided voter
Good stuff mate and have definitely got an open mind when it comes to tine anomalies. Beer

[Video: https://youtu.be/dPk0pODCtuk]

Don't know if you've read it but 'Time Storms' by Jenny Randles is well worth a look.

Quote:One of the best books ever written on these mysterious hiccups in time is “Time Storms” by Jenny Randles, a British journalist who has also written extensively about UFOs and time travel. She documented hundreds of cases of timeslips all over the world, and some of the more eerie common denominators, such as the presence of a “green fog” or mist that the person/s entered, within which their time distortion occurred. In many cases, a person or group of people would walk or drive into said fog or mist, feel a sense of disorientation and “electrical” charges (hair standing on end, nausea, dizziness) and upon returning to a normal state, find themselves hundreds of miles from where they were, and hours to days later!..

Many of the timeslips documented by Randles and other paranormal researchers involve the sightings of UFOs, ghostly apparitions, even UFO abduction experiences. Many involve physical sensations of skin itching or burning, ears popping as if the air pressure outside was drastically changing, and symptoms that suggest perhaps the presence of infrasound (dizziness, disorientation, vomiting…)

Time Slippin’ and Space Trippin’: Timeslips in the Matrix

Review by the late Mac Tonnies:

Quote:"Time Storms" is a brisk, thought-provoking, and thoroughly arresting re-examination of the UFO enigma. Randles argues that some atmospheric anomalies, thought by many to represent alien visitors, are in truth natural phenomena that displace space and time. Randles rounds out her thesis with chapters on synchronicity, theoretical physics, and abundant casefiles. Randles' book is a model assessment of contemporary forteana that raises fascinating questions. Also recommended: "Visitors from Time" by Marc Davenport, "The Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot, and "Electric UFOs" by Albert Budden.

Cheers.
Excellent topic and great videos.
Thanks!
Don't be a useful idiot.  Deny Ignorance.
DEI = Division, Exclusion, and Incompetence
Quote:Good stuff mate and have definitely got an open mind when it comes to tine anomalies.

It's sorta like an exercise in "suspension of disbelief" with these topics. Sometimes, the crazy sounding turns out to be true. We all have our intuitions on things, and some are well-founded, but it pays to have that open mind because sometimes you turn out to be really wrong on things you were sure of.
Undecided voter
God knows what's going on mate but yes always good to (try to) remain genuinely sceptical.

Certainly don't dismiss these reports out of hand though and thought there was some really interesting testimony in this old doco about 'Ripples In Time'.

[Video: https://youtu.be/x7Fc6kcF12c]

BeerBeer
I think that was the first one I ever saw, the one of the old British couple and the bench that never existed. Like 10 years ago now.

This is one of those things I intuitively feel are a bunch of stories, lies, and exaggerations, but forcefully block that because the premise of it is so freaking cool.

We had a Chinatown 90 years ago, but important citizens (mostly led by the wives of the local oligarchs) concerned with the Chinese, and the adjoining red light district, made sure neither survived the temperance movement. Before our town became even more of a merchant sleeze port. I want to see that merchant sleeze port.

I think people (like myself) have a fascination with looking back in time. I enjoy looking at old pictures of the same location being completely different. Like, "Holy shit, there was a sports field right here?" "Oh neat, A Woolworths!"
Undecided voter
" Time keeps on slipping slipping slipping into the future" Professor Steven Miller

I so much love this topic

I have no doubt one reason we love these stories is virtually everyone could come up with reasons to want to go back and visit the past. Or jump ahead and see our future or another dimension like this favorite TS story below.

Just to show how these stories have a life of their own, Ive read many different accounts of this particular story with added details, for instance in one account. It's just one girl screaming get out of here after asking for directions at the roadhouse. Allegedly the driver took off but asked the girl "what is it?" and the passenger said "They weren't human"

https://listverse.com/2014/05/05/10-cree...al-travel/
Quote:In May 1972, four girls were allegedly driving back to Southern Utah University after spending their Saturday at a rodeo in Pioche. While crossing the desolate Utah-Nevada state line at around 10:00 PM, they came upon a fork in the highway, where they veered to the left and began driving through Gadianton Canyon. Suddenly, the black pavement turned to white cement. Believing they had simply taken a wrong turn, the girls headed back the way they came, but to their surprise, they were suddenly driving past grain fields and ponderosa pines with no desert in sight.
They decided to stop at a roadside tavern to ask for directions but quickly changed their minds after one of the girls began screaming hysterically.

Four egg-shaped vehicles mounted on tricycle wheels with bright lights shining from the top of them began speeding after them. The petrified girls sped back through the canyon as the white cement changed back to its normal black asphalt, leading them into the familiar desert. After wrecking in a creek, leaving them with three flat tires, they waited until morning to hike to Highway 56, where they flagged down an obviously skeptical state trooper.

As outlandish as their story seemed, the tire tracks they left are difficult to explain. The only tire tracks left by the girls’ Chevy ended abruptly only 200 meters (about 600 ft) into the desert, which leaves the mystery of how the girls ended up over 3 kilometers (2 mi) north of the highway with no physical evidence of their travels. The car was also missing a hubcap that was never located. Maybe it got lost somewhere in the Utah desert, or maybe it’s being displayed at a museum on the parallel Earth.
His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....                                                                                                                   
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart  
(05-17-2024, 11:30 AM)IdeomotorPrisoner Wrote: This is one of those things I intuitively feel are a bunch of stories, lies, and exaggerations, but forcefully block that because the premise of it is so freaking cool.

Well despite all the posturing by academics suppose we have absolutely no idea what 'time' (or 'consciousness') is mate and have posted it before but have always liked this pie chart lol.

Like I said in the above post have come across loads of these accounts over the years (they usually get lumped in with UFO reports because noone knows where else to send them) and they really are global in nature - personally reckon it has something to do with the earth's magnetic field but other than that I have no idea.

Am sure you're right and many are confabulation, confusion, exaggeration or hoax but many also seem to be from genuinely normal people genuinely confused (and embarrassed) about what they've experienced.

Like I said god knows what's going on.

Article:

APPARITIONS OF THE FUTURE: SPACE TIME MYSTERIES AND STRANGE PHENOMENA

Beer