deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.83 Average
The dangers of choosing a side
Might as well start pissing people off over here. . . . .   Lol

In this war, and it is a war in my opinion, I have chosen to stand with Israel.

In life, in the real world as well as online I have chosen to stand with Israel.

Man oh golly (don't know if we can cuss here) that has irritated a huge population of folks.

But I don't care.

Back in the day you could stand for something or be for something and if people disagreed, then mostly they just disagreed and moved on.

But now you can lose your job, be beaten and in some cases killed for having the wrong opinion.

Wow.

Now that is Orwellian.

As this is really my first thread on this new site, please be gentle, I am a delicate little flower simply full of wonder and innocence.   Tongue
(11-18-2023, 03:38 PM)DBCowboy Wrote: I am a delicate little flower simply full of wonder and innocence.   Tongue

are you sure?
I think that is my thing and I know you wanted to be super controversial with this thread, but you know what? That rating for your thread: that was me. I gave you  all the stars.

Excerpt of my biography (former life):
Quote:So she was invited to stay. The old queen had an idea. Secretly she took down the beds in the bedchamber and put a pea on the bedstead. Then she took twenty mattresses and put them over the pea. On top of the mattresses she put twenty down comforters. The sleeping chamber for the princess was ready.
[Image: https://www.geschichten-haus.com/wp-cont...webp/ngcb3]
The following morning the young woman was asked how she had slept.
„Oh, terribly bad!“ she replied, „I almost didn’t sleep a wink! What was in the bed, who knows! I’ve been lying on something hard so that I’m all brown and blue all over my body!“
They knew then that she really was a princess when she had felt the pea through twenty mattresses and twenty down comforters. Only a real princess could be that sensitive!
(11-18-2023, 03:45 PM)FurPerson Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 03:38 PM)DBCowboy Wrote: I am a delicate little flower simply full of wonder and innocence.   Tongue

are you sure?
I think that is my thing and I know you wanted to be super controversial with this thread, but you know what? That rating for your thread: that was me. I gave you  all the stars.

Excerpt of my biography (former life):
Quote:So she was invited to stay. The old queen had an idea. Secretly she took down the beds in the bedchamber and put a pea on the bedstead. Then she took twenty mattresses and put them over the pea. On top of the mattresses she put twenty down comforters. The sleeping chamber for the princess was ready.
[Image: https://www.geschichten-haus.com/wp-cont...webp/ngcb3]
The following morning the young woman was asked how she had slept.
„Oh, terribly bad!“ she replied, „I almost didn’t sleep a wink! What was in the bed, who knows! I’ve been lying on something hard so that I’m all brown and blue all over my body!“
They knew then that she really was a princess when she had felt the pea through twenty mattresses and twenty down comforters. Only a real princess could be that sensitive!

LOL

Nice!

Thumbup
You couldn't piss me off if ya tried. Don't worry. Lol 

I'll get the custom user titles fixed today so its a separate line and doesn't effect the member title. For now, I've reverted them back to group default.
[Image: colorblocksig.png]
(11-18-2023, 04:52 PM)TSK Wrote: You couldn't piss me off if ya tried. Don't worry. Lol 

I'll get the custom user titles fixed today so its a separate line and doesn't effect the member title. For now, I've reverted them back to group default.

Awww, I liked Resident Smartass.

Sad Sad Sad
(11-18-2023, 03:38 PM)DBCowboy Wrote: Might as well start pissing people off over here. . . . .   Lol

In this war, and it is a war in my opinion, I have chosen to stand with Israel.

In life, in the real world as well as online I have chosen to stand with Israel.

Man oh golly (don't know if we can cuss here) that has irritated a huge population of folks.

But I don't care.

Back in the day you could stand for something or be for something and if people disagreed, then mostly they just disagreed and moved on.

But now you can lose your job, be beaten and in some cases killed for having the wrong opinion.

Wow.

Now that is Orwellian.

As this is really my first thread on this new site, please be gentle, I am a delicate little flower simply full of wonder and innocence.   Tongue

I don't think that's anything new.

In 1950 you could get blackmailed for attending the wrong rally. 
In 1930 miscegenation could ruin your life. 
In 1692 eating poisoned wheat and doing nothing could get you
Astronomers during the inquisition.
And back in time with broader and broader designations of what could get you.

We are in the world where upsetting those who protest most gets you.

Who knows what will be in 89 years...

[Video: https://youtu.be/w5jwxrTqoEA?si=ldiAE9A9X6j8RO5K]
[Image: xn661c5393.jpg]
Undecided voter
You're right.

Point taken.

Maybe it's always been like this.
(11-18-2023, 05:10 PM)DBCowboy Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 04:52 PM)TSK Wrote: You couldn't piss me off if ya tried. Don't worry. Lol 

Awww, I liked Resident Smartass.

Sad Sad Sad

Working on a solution now. Thumbup
[Image: colorblocksig.png]
If we chose to have a free style of life, then we must search where it exist.  Sadly, there is always some jerk with power that wants to control our freedom. Heck, that can even be your spouse.
I think in similar terms as you DCB.   Humans are not as refined nor civilized as we want to believe.   We should be able to get along at least to the point where we weren't always at war, and countries and groups constantly fighting.   (Yeah, right, bluebirds and daisies and unicorns crapping skittles).  

If someone or an entity or group is a credible threat to my family, or those I care about, they are in dire peril.   Simple as that.  Hamas chose a particularly brutal way to attack Israel; they didn't do it as soldiers, nope.  They did it as terrorists, and I believe for the expressed purpose of starting the crap, in order to start the BIG crap, which would involve the world, or at least the players of the Middle East.   

Okay, so you start crap and then cry when you have to face the consequences?   Insofar as the global awareness is concerned, the stirrers of crap are trying to pretend they are the victims.   Nobody is fooled.   NOBODY is fooled.   

45 years ago when I was in college, I wrote a paper titled "Propaganda and News Suppression."   Propaganda includes a little truth for the sell.   Propaganda leaks into the "news" -- and I put that in quotes, because mostly "news" is not factual, but opinion pieces.   

So here we are.   On one hand, few countries want things to escalate, because that leads to a nuclear exchange and the whole End of Days thang.    I mean, my family is mostly prepared for it as much as we can, but we don't WANT it.   There are folk that I know who are more religious than myself, who believe that the ending of everything brings in the prophecy of ages, and everyone who is worthy is saved.  

I guess I'm more of a watcher.    I think that if someone brutally attacks someone else, the former is in a place of "**** around and find out."   I support the folk who didn't start the crap.   I support Israel.  

Terrorists often play on our humanitarian policies.   They would not deal with us in the same way that we deal with them.   Nope.   They would deal with us quickly and brutally