deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Patterson-Gimlin Footage.
We really need to start this part of the site off with some Patty vids for those new to Cryptozology.
So this is the most recent stabilized HD footage of Patty I could find.
What's people's opinion on Patty after all these years? Was it just a guy in an ape suit or was it an unkown homind?

[Video: https://youtu.be/oPlRr_OfxZI]

"Denial is a common tactic that substitutes deliberate ignorance for thoughtful planning." 
Charles Tremper
The butt looks weird, gotta say best version of the video I've seen.

I remember recently bigfoot was spotted from a train in CO.

The other one I liked was the photo that appeared to show a bigfoot carrying a deer over its shoulder.

Who doesn't love venison?
got my ass ate, it was great, tell your dad thanks

[Image: eI0GGBm.gif]
I'm not an anthropologist, a biologist or have medical studies, but the proportions appear to be those of a human:
- the whole height (if we ignore the top of the head) being around seven times the head height ("normal" is 7 1/2);
- the wrist appears to align with the top of the leg;
- the elbow appears to align with the middle of abdomen.
(12-10-2023, 09:05 AM)ArMaP Wrote: I'm not an anthropologist, a biologist or have medical studies, but the proportions appear to be those of a human:
- the whole height (if we ignore the top of the head) being around seven times the head height ("normal" is 7 1/2);
- the wrist appears to align with the top of the leg;
- the elbow appears to align with the middle of abdomen.

If you pause it around the 19 second mark when the arm is straight, it looks to me like the elbow is slightly lower and the wrist is also slightly lower, but even thou' the quality has massively improved there is pixelization from the process, which makes it hard to be sure.  Duh

My opinion on bigfoot is that 'I would like it to be real but there appears to be no solid evidence of it'. 
But we now know that the homonid family tree is more like a bush, and that many other homonids existed along side us as we evolved into Homosapians, so could another upright species on the verge of extinction be out there?

"Denial is a common tactic that substitutes deliberate ignorance for thoughtful planning." 
Charles Tremper
Hi all,

I actually went on a bigfoot expedition in Washington state with BFRO in 2016. After that trip I am absolutely convinced Bigfoot is a hoax. Regarding this video, here's the other side of the coin.

https://youtu.be/WVegHHmZ028?si=jEUDsib9rPNNMK7V

P.S. It's nice to have a site that will be like ATS in the 2000's (open mind, skeptical, talk with data not emotion).
The lower back and butt part of the costume clearly reveals it's a costume. I've always thought it was obvious. Even in the crappy-quality original before it was heavily edited there was a part while showing the costumed man walking you could make out the butt portion proving it was a hoax.

I think I was 13 when I paid my $0.50 to watch the documentary in our local theatre with Patterson and another person there live narrating and taking questions. That was twice the normal $0.25 movies usually cost then for teens. If I recall correctly my friend and I were the only non-adults at the showing.
Bob Heironimus is that you?

Show me the suit... hell somebody could make a few bucks on the suit, even a replica. 

It's not just about Patty... 

Explaining the why or why not here, when it's been done over and over, doesn't seem productive. I find the sheer fact they went looking for a bigfoot and found one and filmed it, and it hasn't been replicated very suspect in itself.

But

It's irrelevant to all the other eyewitness stories and accounts before it became such a monetized mess it is today. 

Do I believe it 100% no I don't, but I'm not dismissive of eyewitness accounts of persons who have no reason to lie or never tried to make money off of their story. Over history, it's in the tens of thousands. not to mention the thousands of footprint casts.

It makes no sense for there to be hoaxed footprints and trails of footprints in places where they would likely never be discovered.  

Even if it isn't a big hairy ape-like creature, we have a small feral race of humans with incredibly big feet walking in the forests of North America.  

The cripple foot cast alone would take somebody with knowledge of the mid-tarsal break and how to incorporate it into an essential club foot cast, for what purpose?  

[Image: bf02.thumb.jpg.308bd67eee31e9a5d32dacfb2afaec01.jpg]

[Image: bf01.thumb.jpg.b8daa4509cb10d5226891ad4468f35cc.jpg]

I've always enjoyed bigfootforums.com, whenever I want to check the validity of one of these stories they are pretty good at debunking them. 

Are they biased towards the authenticity of the Patty film? probably, but their analysis and thread full of replies have got to be more in-depth than the mostly anecdotal replies here on Deny Ignorance at the moment.

Heres a link where these were on display in Berkeley

https://newsarchive.berkeley.edu/news/be...foot.shtml
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....
More recent reports from Willow Creek Ca. FWIW have no doubt there is an incentive to keep the mystery going but still, it just takes one for it to exist

[Video: https://youtu.be/3QoPTQiX4WM?si=ecHnSSEV9lU9Rvu-]
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....
(12-14-2023, 03:53 PM)putnam6 Wrote: More recent reports from Willow Creek Ca. FWIW have no doubt there is an incentive to keep the mystery going but still, it just takes one for it to exist

[Video: https://youtu.be/3QoPTQiX4WM?si=ecHnSSEV9lU9Rvu-]

The trouble is Patty would never get any sleep as it must be like Grand Central Station these days.  Lol

Charles Tremper
My grandfather tells a story of living in northern NM near CO.  One evening as the family was gathered for supper in their little farm house they heard shrieking of some animal they couldn't identify.  A bit later something came up on the porch and was hitting the front door hard enough to shake the house.  My grandpa and his father jumped up and ran out the back around the house, both on the opposite side. As he came around and could see the porch and heard his dad holler and point a shotgun at it,   he  saw a huge black animal roll its shoulder up against the door, turn, and bound off the porch and spring off into the darkness on two legs.  He told that story from that day forward until he was an old man. Scared me to death as a kid.  

Had to be a big old  bear!