deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Residential property. Is there a dark plan?
So a thought just occurred to me as I was reading about how large portions and in some areas, majorities of homes are owned not by the people living there but by corporations, namely Vanguard and Blackrock.
I see it all over my area.  My middle-class suburbia has, over the years, given way to transient occupants.  Many yards are unkept.  Multiple cars in the driveways and streets.  The list of symptoms goes on....

Now .... What would happen if, say, Blackrock ran into financial troubles.  Much like a bank, would the govermnent jump in to bail them out?  If so, would the govermment then own the properties? 
Yeah...very topical example and high-level question but my line if thinking goes along with another recent topic where there's speculation that one of the reasons we saw so many riots in cities with urban "rehab" zones is so property could then be bought up at a fraction of the pre-destruction prices.
Could this also possibly happen in residential areas?

There's tons of articles and statistics and data to back up the buying sprees corps have been going on in residential areas and I'm too lazy and busy right now to post any but it's easily Googled.

Thoughts?
(06-18-2024, 10:19 AM)Raptured Wrote: there's speculation that one of the reasons we saw so many riots in cities with urban "rehab" zones is so property could then be bought up at a fraction of the pre-destruction prices.

Would say that's some good speculation there and apparently "it wasn't a riot pattern but a real estate acquisition plan."

(06-18-2024, 10:19 AM)Raptured Wrote: There's tons of articles and statistics and data to back up the buying sprees corps have been going on in residential areas

This lady goes into more detail about BlackRock and residential areas, also brings up foreign investors, empty properties etc.).

[Video: https://youtu.be/ZHilgfybzDg]

Great thread. Beer
(06-18-2024, 10:19 AM)Raptured Wrote: So a thought just occurred to me as I was reading about how large portions and in some areas, majorities of homes are owned not by the people living there but by corporations, namely Vanguard and Blackrock.
I see it all over my area.  My middle-class suburbia has, over the years, given way to transient occupants.  Many yards are unkept.  Multiple cars in the driveways and streets.  The list of symptoms goes on....

Now .... What would happen if, say, Blackrock ran into financial troubles.  Much like a bank, would the govermnent jump in to bail them out?  If so, would the govermment then own the properties? 
Yeah...very topical example and high-level question but my line if thinking goes along with another recent topic where there's speculation that one of the reasons we saw so many riots in cities with urban "rehab" zones is so property could then be bought up at a fraction of the pre-destruction prices.
Could this also possibly happen in residential areas?

There's tons of articles and statistics and data to back up the buying sprees corps have been going on in residential areas and I'm too lazy and busy right now to post any but it's easily Googled.

Thoughts?

This is exactly what they mean when they say ‘You will own nothing - and be happy’. We’ve all been priced out of the market. Houses cost 3 times what they did 4 years ago, in my area.
The first thing to do, if your object is eliminating personal sovereignty, is to eliminate "privacy" and "property."

The privacy thing is pretty much a fantasy now... but there are still plenty of people who firmly believe that what they own (land-wise) is actually "theirs."

Land ownership is the main target to eliminate if you want a subjugated population that must be "grateful" to some economic authority for having a place to live at all.

Think "eminent domain."  It's more used now than ever before... all for "economic" prosperity of the "land owners" and what "might" "theoretically" "trickle down" to the community of "subjects" in the community of "peasants."  If it doesn't... and it almost never does... "Oh well!"

Many of our elected local officials are all "on-board" with enabling this... I wonder why that is?
(06-18-2024, 01:47 PM)Maxmars Wrote: Many of our elected local officials are all "on-board" with enabling this... I wonder why that is?

I think that's the easy part.

Fear.

Fear of "Need".   These MF's will work relentlessly to attain a position in life where they don't want to "Need" anything, from anybody.   This is different than self-reliance in a way.   Rather than doing something for themself they want to be in a position to have others do it for Them.

And in all honesty I was never a big believer in the whole "take away our freedoms/everybody becomes a slave" series of notions out there but I'm slowly beginning to see a trend and starting to question more.

Thanks for the replies so far guys  :-)
(06-18-2024, 01:47 PM)Maxmars Wrote: Land ownership is the main target to eliminate if you want a subjugated population that must be "grateful" to some economic authority for having a place to live at at all.

Absolutely - does remind me a bit of the Fabian Society who want the 'extinction.of private property' and think everyone should "pay permission to use the Earth".

Apparently 'all would be renters without ownership rights under this collectivist model'.

Quote:Fabian Society Privatization of the World

As the result of the P.E.P. Plan originally formulated in 1932, right now every country’s "State assets" (owned in trust by the State on behalf of the people) are being frantically "privatized" by City of London-controlled banks and corporations..

Link

Beer
The Thug Mentality

I don't know all of the technicalities, but ownership is never complete around here even if your house is all paid for.

I fell about a month behind on property tax because of the occasional unexpected expenses and then the city starts acting like a bunch of thugs DEMANDING their money. I basically paid the rest off the following month after it was due.

They send these threatening letters in the mail. First you get something that requires a signature, and the next day the letter that I had to sign for the previous day.

Aside from auto insurance, property tax is the biggest bill. They could care less about circumstances. Fall behind even for a month and they threaten you with one of their rude letters and a lien and ultimately the property and everything on it can be levied if you remain delinquent for long enough.

I have good credit and pay my bills every month, but shit happens. At times they remind me of the mob/mafia with their practices...

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c3bhh8fqYs]

And the muscle with the guns to enforce their guidelines, yeah they got that too.
(06-19-2024, 08:44 AM)CCoburn Wrote: The Thug Mentality

I fell about a month behind on property tax because of the occasional unexpected expenses and then the city starts acting like a bunch of thugs DEMANDING their money. I basically paid the rest off the following month after it was due.

At times they remind me of the mob/mafia with their practices...

And the muscle with the guns to enforce their guidelines, yeah they got that too.

Sounds like your perilously close to becoming a Libertarian.

Beer
(06-19-2024, 02:21 PM)pianopraze Wrote: Sounds like your perilously close to becoming a Libertarian.

Beer

I actually prefer well-structured systems that aren't overly intrusive and aim to develop and maintain the orderly aspects of a society, but whomever is responsible for those letters could use a lesson or two in literary etiquette.
I saw somewhere (can't find it now for the life of me) someone who pointed out that one of the big reasons rents are going up is that insurance rates are through the roof and landlords are charging standard (what it takes to pay the mortgage plus a profit) and adding the insurance into that, along with a buffer for repairs.

We ended up (through a complicated system) with a house to rent.  We're renting it to people we know, giving credit for the repairs and upgrades they're doing (trust me... these guys are good and are saving us a BUNCH of money) and I am pretty sure I can hold the rent at this amount for the duration of the 4 year lease.  After then, if our tenants move, I'm waffling on whether it would be good to rent it to someone else we know or to sell it outright.

If we can keep it as a rental, we can offer friends or friends-of-friends a very low rent price that will allow them to build up a buffer income for themselves.  I'd like that, but also recognize that it may not be possible for us to do that.

Long story to say "it's probably more than greedy conglomerates" -- it seems to be a complicated issue.