deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Newborn's T cells aren't better (or worse)
I know this may be "off-the-edge" for some folks. 

But, as a conspiracy theorist, I had often been subjected to entertain the notion that "Powerful people are consuming fetal blood to enhance their life."  And one of the arguments was how "powerful" newborn blood is... enhancing the immune system, among other things, ten-fold. 

But this article, I ran across in MedicalXpress sort of illuminates the misunderstanding that accompanies that justification for the aforementioned theory.

New research shows babies use immune system differently, but efficiently

... For example, adult T cells outperform newborn T cells at tasks including recognizing antigens, forming immunological memory and responding to repeat infections, which has led to the belief that infant's T cells were just a weaker version of the adult ones. But during the COVID-19 pandemic, many were surprised by the apparent lack of illness in infants, bringing this long-standing belief into question.

I was thinking that while adult T cells are more refined and tuned to their specific environments, a newborn's T cells are much more widely engaged "early" in the infection mechanism.

Neonatal T cells can participate in the innate arm of the immune system. This enables newborn T cells to do something that most adult T cells cannot: respond during the very first stages of an infection and defend against a wide variety of unknown bacteria, parasites and viruses.

"We know that neonatal T cells don't protect as well as adult T cells against repeat infections with the same pathogen. But neonatal T cells actually have an enhanced ability to protect the host against early stages of an initial infection," Rudd said. "So, it is not possible to say adult T cells are better than neonatal T cells or neonatal T cells are better than adult T cells. They just have different functions."

If you are interested in this kind of thing, I was happy to pass it on, if not, thanks for reading anyway.   Smile
That adds a new aspect to what I've found so curious; the majority of politicians seemed to escape being infected by covid, or if they were it was mostly mild.
I've wndered if there was a different vaccine available to them (hat actually worked) or if the had some sort of treatment not available to the general population, like an anti-viral pill they could take.

But then, I believe Covid 19 was deliberately created and released to serve a 'greater' purpose, and TPTB wouldn't have done that if they didn't have a way to protect themselves.

Fetal tissue has great value to researchers, and the amount of money involved to procure aborted fetal tissue would probably make most people vomit.
I'm not a Domestic Engineer; I'm still feral.