deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Sleep Paralysis & Evil Presence in Bedroom as a Child
I don’t know how many transferees from the old place are here with respect to the Paranormal but here I go. One female OP who since either "retired" from ATS or changed to another screen name gave me a parting comment in that "many think you’re crazy" but she wrote that she "believed everything I wrote". Well girl, I hope you are not playing me as I have no need for attention, stars or embellishment.  All I have ever written is true and yes, if you have never experienced it I would not be surprised if you felt that I was full of sheep or into the secret sauce. 

I simply write to help others and I also help myself getting tiny bits and pieces of clues from others to pursue as SLED735 helped me discover as to what Sleep Paralysis was in 2018 as I had SP since age 7, yet it took my entire life to figure out what it’s called. She did that! I have had nearly 1000 lifetime episodes. That Thread still remains on ATS in Paranormal as written by SLED735. RIP SLED!  

Back in the day when I was seven I shared a bedroom with my 3 year old brother. We had separate beds that faced our clothes closet.   That’s when I first had Sleep Paralysis and I sensed an Evil Presence in the bedroom closet. It wasn’t visible but I sensed evil. Back then the house was a new build on virgin farm land in Western New York outside of Buffalo. My dad, uncles and my Grandfather built it as my Grandfather was a General Contractor. I am not going to rewrite all that’s written on ATS so I will fast forward to Easter Sunday 2024 as this is all new material. 

Last August 2023 I was finally able to control my drinking since 2009 and to date it remains under control. I had a major stroke in 2009. Sports concussion related. I still drink but maintain the FEDS daily intake for a guy. It was aka being a "Functional Alcoholic" I didn’t crush, kill or destroy anything other than brain cells but my lights are on and always were. During that same time I prayed to my father for help on another issue. Dad passed in 2020 just as Covid-19 began. For the record my Sleep Paralysis basically stopped in 2018-2019. To date I have only had a handful and they involve human women who I do not know. My SP is NO longer an issue. So what happened in 2018-2019? I prayed.  So dad began to appear in my dreams in August 2023 and he spoke to me on my "issue". He spoke and I reacted and my life is better. I had related this to my brother as I spoke to him this past Easter Sunday and thats when he asked me if I am still seeing dad in my dreams. I said no, I am not. Somehow we got to talking about my SP and he mentioned for the first time in my life that he also felt an Evil Presence in the same bedroom in the same closet and so did our other brother. So Jamie is a University Department Chair, holds two PHD's, over a dozen patents and is in MENSA. So that makes two of us and he said that our other brother also felt the evil presence in the same closet in the same room. All of us said it was invisible. 

So I called brother #3. He said that he felt the Evil Presence in both bedroom closets and that’s why he slept with a light on every night, in the bedroom for his entire childhood life until he left for college. 

As I wrote before I never saw anything in my first bedroom with my other brother. However, when I was old enough my parents switched me and my youngest brother’s bedrooms. That’s when the "Hoodie" began to appear in Sleep Paralysis, both in the closet and near the door. Its aka "The Guardian of the Threshold" [see Rudolf Steiner] My youngest brother never saw the Hoodie. My other brother did in SP but only for a short time. Me, it’s been with me my entire life up to 2018-2019. It hasn’t returned since. 

My story less the Easter Sunday 2024 reveal has been documented by videotape with York University London, UK by Sheila Pryce Brooks, 2024 PHD candidate and with Dr. David Hufford Department Chair retired Pennsylvania State University. Both are Sleep Paralysis experiencers and with Father Robert Morey, Catholic Diocese of Charleston, South Carolina. 

My reference materials include several books; Dark Intrusions by Lewis Proud 

https://www.amazon.com/Dark-Intrusions-I...1933665440 

Father Vincent Lampert and his book Exorcism: The Battle Against Satan and His Demons 

https://www.amazon.com/Exorcism-Battle-A...C94&sr=1-1

Plus a 3rd book titled "Manual for Spiritual Warfare", by Father Paul Thigpen. A book that Father Morey told me to buy, read, learn it and practice. 

https://www.amazon.com/Manual-Spiritual-...oks&sr=1-1

Thoughts on all three of us sensing the evil whatever in that home in both bedroom closets? Our family has NO history of sexual abuse, violence or bizarre secrets that we are aware of but we are now on a crusade to dig and see if we can figure it out.
Just look up occult doorways, see if there is anything that might have opened a spiritual door
There are generational curses as I understand, not much else I  can offer outside of understanding the fear and reality
Just mentioning the name of “Jesus” in a dream will awaken you
Thanks for sharing your story. It was an interesting read. I will look at your links when I have time and comment further.
... an upbeat cynic
Quote:Thoughts on all three of us sensing the evil whatever in that home in both bedroom closets? Our family has NO history of sexual abuse, violence or bizarre secrets that we are aware of but we are now on a crusade to dig and see if we can figure it out.

Shared imagination? Influenced dream states of psychic awareness?

When I did too many rave drugs (like Ketamine) as a teenager, I used to get sleep paralysis. Experiences were never "Dark presences" as much as fear caused by my body going numb and feeling like I was having some weird lucid dream stroke. Like extreme fear is associated with this altered state simply for being abnormal and your conscious mind responding to things being wrong.

I wouldn't see "shadow people" as much as conflate REM and my bedroom. Like there would be an awareness I was essentially in two states of consciousness at once.

I would stop fighting the experience and let them go and they would dance through my unconscious with these profound experiences.

Like encountering a persistent or invasive school administrator telling me she's not my enemy. Or seeing the secret life of my actual enemy, the amazingly repressed projection master, that was making sure my life was annoying.

I decided to take a shot in a dark and it helped almost immediately. You know when you can tell a person is talking about you, and you know exactly what their talking about? They just exude their salacious gossip.

I had enough, and walked up to her, and just said, "Why don't you ever hang out at school with the girl you hang out with everyday after school?"

And walked away.

Stopped spreading rumors about me after that. Well, for a few weeks anyway. And then it switched to being more passive-aggressive.

Thank you sleep paralysis in any case.

Always wondered how accurate or psychically aware these unconscious states are because it seemed to be right.
[Image: xn661c5393.jpg]
Undecided voter
I struggled with these issues for decades.   I would sense a malevolence, and try to wake up by screaming.   That screaming would exhibit itself as me making scared little mewling sounds and anyone I was with would shake me awake and then elect to never sleep next to me again.   This went on from my teens to my 20's and 30's.  

I have many times viewed entities while I was in that semi-state between wakefulness and sleep.   I still don't fully understand it, but since I've been with my Bride (married in 1988), I have come to know that she hears my cries, wakes me up, and is not aware of any physical entities within the room. 

I can't tell you how happy that made me to know that there was nothing there that she could see.   It is possible that there are entities on another vibrational channel that she couldn't see, but it is enough for me that she couldn't see little dark lumps of creatures, looking like living fire hydrants, while I was mewling like a scared feline in my "sleep".   

So now, whenever it happens, my Darlin' wakes me up and I roll over and slip back into sleep.   I know it happens more often if I am sleeping on my back.   I know that when I get what I call the 'electric dreams' where I feel a thrumming going up and down my body, that I am more susceptible to sleep paralysis.   Now, when I feel the electric dreams, I just get up and move around and maybe read a book sitting up for a while.   I don't like those, NoSir.  When I feel the electric dreams, they come with not only a physical sensation, but a sound.   I think sometimes that if I were more evolved, I could use this phenomenon and explore another level of existence.   I have tried at times, but not been successful.   Anyway, that is my SP experiences.   Began in my 20s, and now I'm in my late 60's.
(04-14-2024, 03:46 PM)Creaky Wrote: Just look up occult doorways, see if there is anything that might have opened a spiritual door
There are generational curses as I understand, not much else I  can offer outside of understanding the fear and reality
Just mentioning the name of “Jesus” in a dream will awaken you

Thanks for that tip as I will look it up. Yes, say or even think Jesus will stop it immediatly

(04-14-2024, 04:16 PM)argentus Wrote: I struggled with these issues for decades.   I would sense a malevolence, and try to wake up by screaming.   That screaming would exhibit itself as me making scared little mewling sounds and anyone I was with would shake me awake and then elect to never sleep next to me again.   This went on from my teens to my 20's and 30's.  

I have many times viewed entities while I was in that semi-state between wakefulness and sleep.   I still don't fully understand it, but since I've been with my Bride (married in 1988), I have come to know that she hears my cries, wakes me up, and is not aware of any physical entities within the room. 

I can't tell you how happy that made me to know that there was nothing there that she could see.   It is possible that there are entities on another vibrational channel that she couldn't see, but it is enough for me that she couldn't see little dark lumps of creatures, looking like living fire hydrants, while I was mewling like a scared feline in my "sleep".   

So now, whenever it happens, my Darlin' wakes me up and I roll over and slip back into sleep.   I know it happens more often if I am sleeping on my back.   I know that when I get what I call the 'electric dreams' where I feel a thrumming going up and down my body, that I am more susceptible to sleep paralysis.   Now, when I feel the electric dreams, I just get up and move around and maybe read a book sitting up for a while.   I don't like those, NoSir.  When I feel the electric dreams, they come with not only a physical sensation, but a sound.   I think sometimes that if I were more evolved, I could use this phenomenon and explore another level of existence.   I have tried at times, but not been successful.   Anyway, that is my SP experiences.   Began in my 20s, and now I'm in my late 60's.

I went though what you have. I would also scream and only muffeled words would come out and my wife would wake me up. One time I was in such fear I sat up it the bed still in paralysis mumbling. My wife shook me to awaken me. I am at the point now that for whatever reason my mind is telling me to ask Jesus to help me. That last happened on 31Jan2022. The Sleep Paralysis stopped immediately. NO Sleep Paralysis since.
(04-15-2024, 03:43 PM)Waterglass Wrote: Thanks for that tip as I will look it up. Yes, say or even think Jesus will stop it immediatly

I went though what you have. I would also scream and only muffeled words would come out and my wife would wake me up. One time I was in such fear I sat up it the bed still in paralysis mumbling. My wife shook me to awaken me. I am at the point now that for whatever reason my mind is telling me to ask Jesus to help me. That last happened on 31Jan2022. The Sleep Paralysis stopped immediately. NO Sleep Paralysis since.

I will try that.   I have read that before.   The scientific part of me wants to explore it, and find out where it leads, but it is akin to psychologically standing at a great precipice, and willing oneself to fall off it, based upon the strength of their faith.   I "feel" that there is knowledge to be gained there, if I only had the guts to take the plunge.   So far, the terror is too great.   The terror has been too great for 40 years.   I have been alone and woken myself up with my sounds.   I deeply feel that it is more that merely a brain thing.   The primary thing that makes me think it is something having to do with a vibrational existance is the 'electric dreams', in which I am almost asleep and hear, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZUPPP! and feel a thrumming down my body.  I have tried to go with it, but it hasn't lead to anything wonderful.   

The scientist in me concludes:

1) there is something there, in which we have evolved a natural great fear of, which prevents all but the best of us from crossing to a different place

2) there are chemical processes within the body that cause an unbalance that many people exhibit, however the terror and occasional visual entities are contrary to that

3) I are quite screwed up, and will probably die screaming.    I don't actually think that is the case, but go ahead and ask a crazy person if they are crazy.  

4) It is possible that there is a vibrational frequency that people can slip into, but is so very foreign that the body rebels against it in the same way the body rebels against heat and cold.    I have to believe this one, and maybe someday before I die (or perhaps just afterward!) I will figure out the truth.
Father Vincent Lampert has been interviewed by numerous Christian channels on Youtube recently, as have other excorsists. I have watched most of these interviews over the last year. I have ongoing paranormal events which I will not go into detail here as I am close to completing a new thread on the subject. When this initially started I posted about it on ATS.  One of the reasons suggested to me was I was suffering from sleep paralysis. To my knowledge I have never woken up feeling like I could not move with an evil entity in the room. Although it did not seem relevant to me I think it is relevant to you, especially the last sentence.

"In Sleep paralysis we have waking consciousness but the body is still locked down. This experience can be triggered by electrical stimulus to the brain in the lab. Where the science breaks down however is that explaining the mechanism - the why we can't move, doesn't adequately explain why it happens to people in specific locations. Some people are sleep disturbed, and experience Sleep Paralysis as a matter of course, what is interesting is those who only experience it when they are in a specific place.

That said you describe a sequence of experiences with which I am very familiar. I grew up in an haunted house, for a short while, because as young boy the home was exorcised. So I have family history that remembers how guests would describe similar experiences, unique for them, ie because they were staying over with us. One for example insisted there was a cat in the room, and they disliked cats. Another who was afraid of birds insisted an owl or similar had got in. In short clearly something was going on that was location specific, but interpreted though the consciousness of the observer in differing but related ways."

~ posted by RudeCherub on ATS (2018)

You say that both your brothers experienced this in the same room at different times. From what I have read sleep paralysis is not hereditary so you can discount that. I think the first avenue of investigation should be a trip to your local council to access historical records. You say the house was built on virgin land. This could just mean the land has not had any sort of development in the last 3 years.
... an upbeat cynic
I remember you Waterglass, and I believe you!

When I read you stopped suffering the SP, I knew that you prayed.

There are spirits Among us. When you pray they are good, if your life is out of balance they can be bad IMO.

I have pictures of angels and spirits, and have seen some really crazy ones. One was like a whirlpool above a friends head of Native American spirits. The friend was Native American and lived in a pond by the Hockomock swamp.

The worse was what looked like a beast at the door to an old friend of mine, whose father’s girlfriend supposedly cursed her. She carried around a bible and it stopped. The beast image disappeared within 10 minutes of her taking the photo.

Also, it doesn’t matter if the house is newly built, it is the land.

I miss Sled735!.

Anyways prayer and calling upon Jesus works! Wishing you the best!
In tune
(04-15-2024, 06:42 PM)argentus Wrote: I will try that.   I have read that before.   The scientific part of me wants to explore it, and find out where it leads, but it is akin to psychologically standing at a great precipice, and willing oneself to fall off it, based upon the strength of their faith.   I "feel" that there is knowledge to be gained there, if I only had the guts to take the plunge.   So far, the terror is too great.   The terror has been too great for 40 years.   I have been alone and woken myself up with my sounds.   I deeply feel that it is more that merely a brain thing.   The primary thing that makes me think it is something having to do with a vibrational existance is the 'electric dreams', in which I am almost asleep and hear, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZUPPP! and feel a thrumming down my body.  I have tried to go with it, but it hasn't lead to anything wonderful.   

The scientist in me concludes:

1) there is something there, in which we have evolved a natural great fear of, which prevents all but the best of us from crossing to a different place

2) there are chemical processes within the body that cause an unbalance that many people exhibit, however the terror and occasional visual entities are contrary to that

3) I are quite screwed up, and will probably die screaming.    I don't actually think that is the case, but go ahead and ask a crazy person if they are crazy.  

4) It is possible that there is a vibrational frequency that people can slip into, but is so very foreign that the body rebels against it in the same way the body rebels against heat and cold.    I have to believe this one, and maybe someday before I die (or perhaps just afterward!) I will figure out the truth.

I was raised a Catholic but I along with my parents were not considered zealots. I stopped attending church for almost 4 deacades and returned after seeking anszers t what I have been subjected to. 

From a "science" perspective this is somewhat simple. Gather at least 1000 people globally who have sleep paralysis and determine whethe a common gene exists in all that may trigger the SP and the prescence of the hooded whatever aka a Demon as it was first reported in China back around 400-500 BC. 

I have never heard buzzing but I know people who do. It; "buzzing" is mentioned in two of the books that I referenced.  I would suggest that you read them and possibly pursue some belief in God and see if it either works or helps you. 

I dont always "trust" the science