deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More Glitches in the ATS Matrix
(06-11-2024, 08:13 AM)DISRAELI Wrote: I've just gone into the ATS membership list. The page at the new end of the list is crammed with accounts created June 10th 2014, "last visited Dec 31 1969". I may find your new one on an earlier page.

P.S. Yes, I can confirm that "last visited Dec 31 1969" took a full grip on new membership on June 2nd, but it was happening fitfully even before then. It looks like a progressive deterioration.

The December 31st 1969 date was added by Darko. He did this to Simon Grays profile when he banned it. Very interesting, indeed. Is this deliberate?

(06-11-2024, 08:23 AM)FlyersFan Wrote:
QUESTION ... The members list there since June 2 has all the new accounts last activity being in 1969.  Does this mean there is a glitch and all new accounts are screwed up and people can't post from them?

That would explain why it's been so quiet for the past week and a half.  The serial returnee trolls haven't been able to get through.
From what I can see, no new accounts can be created since June 2nd. It does explain why ATS has been even more quiet than normal the last week.

Password recovery is broken as well. This is what prompted me to dig. I’m locked out. Looks like I’ll never get back in. Make sure and say your goodbyes while you still have access.
(06-11-2024, 09:45 AM)KKLoco Wrote: The December 31st 1969 date was added by Darko. He did this to Simon Grays profile when he banned it. Very interesting, indeed. Is this deliberate?

From what I can see, no new accounts can be created since June 2nd. It does explain why ATS has been even more quiet than normal the last week.

Password recovery is broken as well. This is what prompted me to dig. I’m locked out. Looks like I’ll never get back in. Make sure and say your goodbyes while you still have access.

That date is actually a standard default date that appears when something goes wrong with a Unix system. I believe ATS servers may well be Unix based...

Quote:Unix’s initial release date was on November 3, 1971. It so happens that the developers of Unix chose January 1, 1970 GMT as the epoch date – which basically signals when time began for Unix. In other words, this date is the start of time for Unix-verse. For example, if you reset the timestamp on a Unix system to 0, the time will show January 1, 1970.

What Happened On December 31 1969

Nothing specific happened. When your digital device or software/web application is showing you December 31, 1969, this suggests that most likely there’s a bug someone and the Unix epoch date is being displayed.

In any case, I confirm all the above. I tried with a new Gmail account and had the same results.

[Image: ats2504_sshakehead.gif] Beer
(06-11-2024, 10:24 AM)Encia22 Wrote: That date is actually a standard default date that appears when something goes wrong with a Unix system. I believe ATS servers may well be Unix based...

In any case, I confirm all the above. I tried with a new Gmail account and had the same results.

[Image: https://denyignorance.com/images/ogemoji...kehead.gif] Beer
Interesting. Thank you for the information. So why was Simon’s dates switched to this when he was banned by Darko?
Sounds like ATS is now terminally ill , and is in palliative care phase ....
(06-06-2024, 02:22 PM)l0st Wrote: This is something someone with admin rights to the machine will need to address.

That would be NO ONE.  
No one on ATS has admin credentials.

And, AFAIK, passwords cannot be reset as of about June 2, 2024.
Well, this is all sad, but not unexpected.  We knew it was coming, but it seems that it is in it's deaththrows now.

Maybe this is just what the new owner wanted.

A slow, painful death.

Jerkface.
The earth provides everything we need.
We thought we could do better.
We were wrong.
(06-11-2024, 12:36 PM)Chiefsmom Wrote: A slow, painful death.
I wish someone could just flip a switch.
It would be a more dignified way to go.
Don't be a useful idiot.  Deny Ignorance.
DEI = Division, Exclusion, and Incompetence
(06-11-2024, 10:40 AM)KKLoco Wrote: Interesting. Thank you for the information. So why was Simon’s dates switched to this when he was banned by Darko?

I believe that Darko, in his arrogance, ignorance and spitefulness, took deliberate destructive action on the three amigos’ accounts. He was probably afraid they may have had backdoor access; so, instead of simply banning them, he reset the accounts, thus defaulting them back to that epoch date.

In his paranoia, he even removed admin permissions from DTOM and took over the admin account himself, possibly only giving the same privileges to the tech guy, who has also disappeared.

He was so callous that for some upstanding Moderators, he completely nuked their accounts, making it impossible even for Ghost to bring them back to life.

I stand corrected if I’m wrong.

Beer

(06-11-2024, 02:44 PM)Encia22 Wrote: In his paranoia, he even removed admin permissions from DTOM and took over the admin account himself, possibly only giving the same privileges to the tech guy, who has also disappeared.  

He removed all Admin privileges from me, Djarums and Majic.
With no owners around, Djarums losing his credentials was the biggest blow to ATS.

Right now no one has access to the controls.
(06-11-2024, 02:44 PM)Encia22 Wrote: I believe that Darko, in his arrogance, ignorance and spitefulness, took deliberate destructive action on the three amigos’ accounts. He was probably afraid they may have had backdoor access; so, instead of simply banning them, he reset the accounts, thus defaulting them back to that epoch date.

In his paranoia, he even removed admin permissions from DTOM and took over the admin account himself, possibly only giving the same privileges to the tech guy, who has also disappeared.

He was so callous that for some upstanding Moderators, he completely nuked their accounts, making it impossible even for Ghost to bring them back to life.

I stand corrected if I’m wrong.

Beer

Thank you! This makes a tremendous amount of sense, and right on par with what I thought. Minus the 1969 aspect and some other details, of course. My alarm bells went off when Djarums and DTOM lost administrator status. Then the purge transpired. It was clear a hostile takeover was in place. 

The only confusion I have is about Darko and a separate tech guy. I knew per SO, that the original tech guy disappeared. Then Darko took over. I was under the impression Darko was the second tech guy. Is this not the case?