deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How To Change Your Avatar, Mini Profile Background Color, & Background Image
Thank you!   Thumbup
(12-11-2023, 12:46 AM)StoutBroux Wrote: Thank you!   Thumbup

No problem! I tinkered with the avatar settings too. Should be good now. And if you want, I'll upload a blank avatar for you to replace the default DI avatar. That way it'll just show your mini profile background image.
[Image: colorblocksig.png]
I have accomplished profile background things.

Easy profile background things.

And it only took me a month.

Lol
(12-11-2023, 07:17 AM)Hefficide Wrote: I have accomplished profile background things.

Easy profile background things.

And it only took me a month.

Lol

Eventually gonna streamline this better with a user upload gallery like ATS. SO told me the user upload file wasn't nearly as bad as he had anticipated, and I'd much rather do that than use the imgur api.
I think making the uploading of images easier will help this site grow.
I tried to teach myself how to resize an image for my avatar this fine morning, and finally had some success! The only problem is, after over an hour of struggling I find it far too cumbersome to ever try again.
I'm sure there must be easier ways of doing it, but I'm techno-challenged. I've shot my wad on one upload.... Lol
I'm not a Domestic Engineer; I'm still feral.
(01-01-2024, 02:56 PM)Nugget Wrote: I think making the uploading of images easier will help this site grow.
I tried to teach myself how to resize an image for my avatar this fine morning, and finally had some success! The only problem is, after over an hour of struggling I find it far too cumbersome to ever try again.
I'm sure there must be easier ways of doing it, but I'm techno-challenged. I've shot my wad on one upload.... Lol

Though ATS didn't have a resizing option either. I'm going to renable the resizing option here, but I was getting the feeling that image ratios weren't working correcting. I'm still working on it all. Lots to do, but it's going to be a good year!
(12-11-2023, 03:52 PM)Scaramanga Wrote: Eventually gonna streamline this better with a user upload gallery like ATS. SO told me the user upload file wasn't nearly as bad as he had anticipated, and I'd much rather do that than use the imgur api.

(01-01-2024, 02:56 PM)Nugget Wrote: I think making the uploading of images easier will help this site grow.
I've never had to resize any images for ATS (Jpeg), but every one I've tried here says they're too big.
It took me a few years to figure it out on the other site, so I think I have a long learning curve ahead of me. lol
(01-01-2024, 07:51 PM)Nugget Wrote: I've never had to resize any images for ATS (Jpeg), but every one I've tried here says they're too big.
It took me a few years to figure it out on the other site, so I think I have a long learning curve ahead of me. lol

Try to upload your avatar now and let me know if it works.
(01-01-2024, 07:51 PM)Nugget Wrote: I've never had to resize any images for ATS (Jpeg), but every one I've tried here says they're too big.
It worked! Thank you! Like my clothes, I like to change avatars with the season.
My avatar has disappeared. It was fine for a while but trying to reupload it doesn't work.
I even resized it to 150 x 300 px but it still won't accept it and just says that the upload failed.

Am I missing something?

Will try again soon. Cheers

Wisdom knocks quietly, always listen carefully.