deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gobekli Tepe - The World May Never Know.
(06-18-2024, 06:01 PM)Byrd Wrote: It would be a better video if Corsetti actually knew more about how archaeology is done and who's in control.  

No, it's not the WEF.

Firstus... the site originally was not close to resources (such as places for the dig team to sleep and places where they could cook food, bathe, go to the bathroom, etc.)  This presented a logistical problem and also meant there wasn't a constant dig presence.

Secondly, the area is part of Turkey, which is a sovereign country.  It's not some free-for-all land in the middle of nowhere.  And people own the land next to the site -- and owned the site itself.  In fact, it was the land owners who alerted the scientists to the presence of flint artifacts.   

One of the issues is that they have to buy the land from the people -- they don't just march in with the army, kick the landowners off and do what they like.  That's against the (Turkish) law.  You might not like the trees, but I believe that land is held by a local farmer, who uses it for agriculture.

Thirdly, the area is under the control of the Turkish government, who is letting the DAI (German Archaeological Institute https://www.dainst.org/en/departments/istanbul) do the dig.

Dig teams are relatively small and digs go very slowly.  So you've got 20-40 people (many of whom are students working under the direction of a senior archaeologist) working on an area.  I don't know if you've ever dug at a site, but it takes a lot of careful scraping to clear a 1 meter square section (I worked in Palo Duro canyon with the Texas Archaeological Society, and it took four of us a full day to dig a 1 meter square pit down to a level of 8 inches and sift all the dirt.)  The GT digs go down 20-40 feet or more.  This isn't just a surface "scratch and be done" operation.

When you find something, you have to stop, call over the site director, and the exact location has to be marked on a grid.  Photos will be taken (and not just any old photos.  You have to set up a direction marker showing true north and a measuring stick to give the size.) and you'll be told how to proceed.  Progress will be stopped occasionally and more photos and measurements taken. 

Yes, they even stop the dig for Just Plain Rocks.  Those rocks may later indicate something about the fill or may turn out to be pieces of something else.

Everything gets labeled.

If the ground is hard and stony (as it is in that area), it takes longer, and if the site is filled with rocky rubble (as it was), you still have to stop and document Every Single Rock you find.

Every one of them.

And when the tourists started showing up in numbers and damaging or disrupting the site and the dig, they had to do something to both accommodate the tourists (and their valuable tourist dollars) and maintain site security and integrity.  So that disrupts the digs.

By the way, the area that had been excavated once fit neatly inside the covering.  The progress (that is being complained about) is the part where the dig continues under the walkway and goes through to the other side (as can be seen in several photos.)

Oh... and the site isn't open 365 days per year.  Teams aren't assigned the area for their lifetime.  In general, many of the workers are there for a semester, so work pauses or slows during the changeover time (and while teaching the new group about procedures and so forth.)

And next, Turkey is and has been involved in conflicts (wars) with Syria and others -- and the site isn't too far from the Syrian border.  Archaeology in the time of war has a lot of problems, as you can imagine.

And then there's the climate.  You can't dig in the winter (rainy season) and in the summer, temperatures can get over 105 degrees (https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/g...-83613665/)

So, yes.  They've been digging down to the true basement and not across the site.  Yes, they want some areas (with potential problems) left for later generations who will have better tools (improved Ground Penetrating Radar, for example.)  This is standard when you run across something that's fragile or embedded in a substrate that's difficult to remove.

And yeah, they're people.  Some make really bad decisions.

The WEF clearly doesn't control it, otherwise Klaus' wife would have raised holy heck about it long before this (and so would Klaus.  And others.)

I tried to explain alot of what you've said when this was posted to ATS.
The only reason WEF was metioned in the original articles is because the Dogus Group and National Geogrpahic are adding funds of around $20 million and put on a presentation at the last 'WEF gathering' about the sites future. As I said on ATS, Turkey is looking at stealing some of Egypts thunder, and take some of the tourism because of Gobekli Tepei being the possible cradle of civilization and farming, with sites around the temples showing signs of repeated settlement over generations. 
Parts of the site had to be reburied to protect it as some of it is very fragile, this is a common tactic now by archaeologists to preserve sites. Turkey is trying to create responsible tourism and attract investment but not at the cost of damaging the site.

"Denial is a common tactic that substitutes deliberate ignorance for thoughtful planning." 
Charles Tremper
Since Göbekli Tepe - UNESCO World Heritage Centre was designated a world heritage site, there are rules and regulations that has to be adhered to.... i can't believe "they" would destroy history in that way.. fortunately the excavation site is huge, and most of it is still underground according to deep ground penetration radar tests.
Nothing is impossible, the impossible just takes a little longer to achieve.
(06-19-2024, 11:23 AM)Kurokage Wrote: I tried to explain alot of what you've said when this was posted to ATS.
The only reason WEF was metioned in the original articles is because the Dogus Group and National Geogrpahic are adding funds of around $20 million and put on a presentation at the last 'WEF gathering' about the sites future. As I said on ATS, Turkey is looking at stealing some of Egypts thunder, and take some of the tourism because of Gobekli Tepei being the possible cradle of civilization and farming, with sites around the temples showing signs of repeated settlement over generations. 
Parts of the site had to be reburied to protect it as some of it is very fragile, this is a common tactic now by archaeologists to preserve sites. Turkey is trying to create responsible tourism and attract investment but not at the cost of damaging the site.

I'm all for doing that.

Ancient sites are so often destroyed by looters (or worse, defaced by people who just HAVE to put their name on something or their favorite slogan or whatever.)

People make bad judgement calls, or do something with the best practices of that time (which turn out to be a bad decision later on) and I can see disagreement on how to handle a site.

That's legit.

But "hiding things to keep humanity from Finding Out A Secret" only makes sense in the comic books.
(06-19-2024, 07:21 PM)Byrd Wrote: But "hiding things to keep humanity from Finding Out A Secret" only makes sense in the comic books.

I whole heartedly agree  Duh

"Denial is a common tactic that substitutes deliberate ignorance for thoughtful planning." 
Charles Tremper
(06-19-2024, 07:21 PM)Byrd Wrote: But "hiding things to keep humanity from Finding Out A Secret" only makes sense in the comic books.

[Image: ats2508_cheers.gif]
"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."
- Benjamin Franklin -

I have to point out that it is not a "secret."  It is political and cultural leverage.

Unlike some, people have been 'marketing" their "ownership" of heritage that may not have been theirs... (unlike, say the many people's of South America who never tried to maintain that "we built this," they rather said "we don't know who built this, it's been here since we can remember.")

And it is not "humanity" it is being kept from, it's the rest of the world.

Past civilizations is a realm that only certain cloistered "academics" have been allowed to authoritatively opine on, and that restriction has consequences.
Apologies late to the thread, but I have wanted to stick my nose here. I was perusing Facebook and the site below reminded me. Im fairly convinced we had older civilizations than our current PS system teaches.

I could also see its secrets if any being covered up, for a variety of reasons. Considering the locations and religious implications. When ISIS was running wild always wondered why the assholes destroyed so many relics of our past. 

[Image: 449456401_3435607956738387_4365537746152...e=66898A0B]
Quote:THERE WAS SOMEONE BEFORE US

The rocky blocks you see in the photo, which weigh several tons and reach nearly 7 meters high, are at least 11,000 years old according to C14 radiocarbon analysis. These are some of the many pillars that constituted the site of Göbekli Tepe, on the Turkish-Syria border. The civilization that built this site and other similar sites still has no name. In fact, until recently, their existence was completely unknown.

We do know a few things about them though. They didn't practice farming, since all the seeds found in Göbekli Tepe are wild and uncultivated. They also didn't farm, since the numerous meat leftovers found (it appears they held huge feasts) are all game, not farm animals. In addition, the stylized statues in the center of stone circles carry sashes. This means it didn't have to be cold at the time of Göbekli Tepe being built. All of these elements suggest that the home site is probably much older than it appears. Maybe even several thousand years older.

This is not a funeral site, as no bodies were found inside. It's not a sanctuary either, for no god or deity is represented there. It does not appear to be a city or a village, as there does not seem to be a proper water source to quench the thirst of a large group of people. What's this all about then? On the walls of Göbekli Tepe are engraved hundreds of ""snakes"" descending from above, from the sky. Celestial beings appear, where do these ""snakes"" come from. According to astronomers, about 12,000 years ago, a swarm of asteroids or comets heavily bombarded the Earth, destroying entire territories on four continents. This was quite a disaster. Göbekli Tepe is probably a ""memorial"" from the time when ""fire snakes,"" i.e. fragments of comets falling from above, destroyed the world.
His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....                                                                                                                   
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart  
(06-18-2024, 12:00 PM)Chiefsmom Wrote: No, not at all.

I am actually surprised they did the damage, creating the platform and the walkway.

Kinda proves their BS lie, about not damaging the site.

How can they be so stupid?  Or do they just not care anymore?  I mean, what are we going to do about it?  Maybe someone will sue them?

Just sickening really.

"How can they be so stupid?  Or do they just not care anymore?"

For whatever it’s worth no one in media, ATS or here is really discussing religion, the end times or any of that although much of our world seems to be heading that direction, in my opinion. But I am just a guy among billions. 

In brief it appears they want to keep religion out of it. With respect to Biden and his open borders I was told by a FED friend that he wants to go to heaven so he is following Jesus wish that borders remain open. So that may only explain Joe’s actions. Just Joe’s and not the WEF. 

I believe that we all have free will to do here on earth in this life. Based upon both peoples whom follow the white light or dark light if those who follow the dark and are part of the WHO know who they are and that their end is near if they expose that a God exists [Gobekli Tepe]. I base that on a video I watched from a Biblical Scholar ~ Dr. Michael Heisman. What he said fits their [WHO + Dogus Group] + narrative as to if they can just keep kicking the God card down the street for several more decades they in fact continue to win the game and control the earth as they wish. 

To me it seems plausible.