deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gain-of-Function Research on Bird Flu Could Spark ‘Great Pandemic’
At times there has been conspiracy talk about a new Pandemic disrupting society and possibly even the upcoming elections in the USA. I have not really been to concerned one way or the other especially after the last COVID scare.

I got COVID after the military games held in Wuhan China spread the virus around the world; that was before COVID was a known entity. I think I was 72 years old back then and was treated for pneumonia and fever for 5 days . I was down but back playing golf in 8 days (not very well but there I was !)  Gain of function may be rearing it's ugly head once again ? Ex-CDC Director Warns Gain-of-Function Research on Bird Flu Could Spark ‘Great Pandemic’
Quote: 

‘Bird flu, I think, is going to be the cause of a great pandemic—where they are teaching these viruses how to be more infectious for humans,’ Dr. Redfield said.
Dr. Robert Redfield, former director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), has issued a grim warning about the dangers of gain-of-function research, predicting that scientists tinkering with making the bird flu virus more infectious is what will trigger the next “great pandemic.”
Dr. Redfield, who in the past railed against the use of U.S. tax dollars to fund gain-of-function research at the Chinese virus lab at the heart of the COVID-19 origin controversy, is once again sounding the alarm on the dangers of risky scientific experiments going badly awry.In a recent interview on NewsNation, Dr. Redfield recalled a recent op-ed he wrote in The Wall Street Journal calling for a moratorium on gain-of-function research, which involves altering the properties of a pathogen, such as its virulence, in order to study its potential impact on human health.
https://lists.theepochtimes.com/links/QX...9Y2FizAzJC
Good to see you mate and thanks for this thread - could be absolutely nothing but I was instantly reminded of this 2007 article which asks the question 'Would the Bird Flu Kill the Internet?'

Thought it was rather relevant as even back then it was a topic being openly discussed at the World Economic Forum.

Quote:The New PSYOP Payload: Bird Flu and the Collapse of the Internet

February 14th, 2007

Today, Slashdot linked to a story from last June that I hadn’t come across:

Would the Bird Flu Kill the Internet, Too? Long quote, but stick with it, especially the part near the end:

"We don’t believe that the Internet will be compromised within a matter of hours or days,” said Brent Woodworth, worldwide manager for IBM’s Crisis Response Team, which does consulting on disaster preparedness. “Most Internet traffic is reroutable, and as different areas are affected at different rates by a pandemic, the networks could anticipate increased traffic and adjust accordingly — with the caveat that critical components will be maintained.”"

I’m not going to even deal with the fact that Booz Allen Hamilton Inc. was involved with this, or that the topic was addressed at the annual World Economic Forum gathering in Davos, Switzerland.

Also funny because just posted on this thread by DontTreadOnMe.

Like I said it's probably nothing lol.

Beer
An excellent exploration of this topic.

There are numerous researchers who knew - over a decade ago - that research resources were being recklessly funneled into genetic manipulations of virulent diseases... all with the ostensible purpose of 'better understanding' of the "next pandemic."  

That "next pandemic" is the perennial boogeyman of a class of leadership... the thing most frequently asserted to invoke "more attention, more funding. and more "leeway from established ethics...  second only to "do it for our children."

“The NIH has not ever and does not now fund gain-of-function research in the Wuhan Institute of Virology,” Dr. Fauci said at a Senate hearing on May 11, 2021.
Dr. Collins said in a statement on May 19, 2023, that “neither NIH nor NIAID have ever approved any grant that would have supported ‘gain-of-function’ research on coronaviruses that would have increased their transmissibility or lethality for humans.”

The above statements together, are the starkest demonstration just how insulated and isolated our politically-appointed "leaders" are.  That they can, through the power of magical thinking, overstep caution in the name of "profit" and "politics" with impunity and even 'applause,' shows exactly how we ended up where we are.

They were "warned" repeatedly, they were cautioned continuously, but their "objectives" to secure money, and dole it out according to their incomprehensible whim - shows definitively that there is a problem in the oversight and control of their offices.  They seemed not to be working for the benefit of 'the people'... only 'some people.'

It never occurred to them that developing strategies and data to combat disease is distinctly different from creating "new" diseases.  That they had stopped working to assist mankind in coping with the maladies of viral outbreaks, and focused on 'creating' "novel" outbreaks.  They didn't care for a cure or treatment... what they spent money on was 'new patentable' diseases.

“While many believe that gain-of-function research is critical to get ahead of viruses by developing vaccines, in this case, I believe it was the exact opposite, unleashing a new virus on the world without any means of stopping it and resulting in the deaths of millions of people,” he said.

... and what is the function of the government in all of this?....

Meanwhile, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is preparing for a scenario in which the bird flu starts to spread among humans.

Preparing? - which means burning through tax payer dollars for "the next" instance of "novel", came-out-"nowhere" viral outbreak... really?  Perhaps planning for the next lock-down, 'warp-speed' mandatory deployment of experimental "vaccines," and "social warfare on dissenters."