deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Flying Fish
OK the fish had help.
Yesterdays storms were being live steamed due to the potential for severe damage. Ryan Hall 
(weather geek) was following the storm cells off the coast of NC. The cells were running north maybe 80 miles off the coast. 

A storm cell Ryan was focusing on was impressive. Looking at live radar he zoomed in then went quiet. In a deadpan countenance he announced the odd radar return was fish. 
Sharknado week just started earlier than usual.Discovery Channel flubbed this one. It happened without camera's.

It happened twice, in one day,I finally saw a Sharknado!!!!
Then I began wondering where the fish would land? Went full 'tard on it.
OMG honey!! You gotta see this!! God just sent us sushi!!
Flying fish @ 9:20 min.
 Lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79_j_JnWR5A
I would like to introduce you to Charles Fort's Book of the dammed. first bit gives a number of accounts of fish in the rain...

https://archive.org/details/bookdamnedbycha00fortgoog

Hope im not off the point
I was not here.
When I lived in Tennessee It rained Frogs I mean little frogs everywhere 1000's of them .
I'd heard of the phenomena plus other things raining down miles away after storms. Was just shocked cause what are the odds I'd have internet access and time to see it happen live? 
It's something I can cross off my bucket list now. Grins!!

The first time flocks of birds migrated thru at night also blew my mind. Before I found out it's normal at times I was convinced the natural world had just turned inside out cause "the creepy" had been unleashed! Many years prior to the internet it took time to find facts. 

The first time myself & the kids heard the desending call of a screech owl I almost got trampled as they ran screaming "UFO!!!" What scared them silly was they could hear what sounded like a movie UFO but couldn't see a craft. The Cornell College collection of bird calls set us straight. 
It's shocking how toss something new at a human an we all go 1800's dumb. 
Cracks me up every time!!