deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Can you detect a fake photo?
I created this thread in this forum because fake UFO images are discussed in almost all UFO cases that include at least one image, but this applies any subject.

16 years (time flies...) ago I decide to make a test to see if people were able to detect an altered image and what part(s) of the image were altered.
The results were interesting, as nobody could identify the changed area or even the changed image.

As suggested by quintessentone on this post, here are the images, just to see if anyone can detect the altered image and what part(s) of that image were altered.

To avoid spoilers and influences, anyone wanting to try it please send me the answers by private message.
(click on an image to download it)

Image 1
[Image: embed?resid=EB25B17294FE272%21218&authke...height=960]

Image 2

[Image: embed?resid=EB25B17294FE272%21219&authke...height=960]

So, what's the verdict?  Smile
I am grateful for the idea of PMing you with our observations... I really don't like embarrassing myself in public.

I am going to vow that I intend to respond to you without invoking computer analysis tools like photoshop, or some such; for two reasons.

One, I really wouldn't know how and would probably take a week just learning how to use them properly, and two, I want to see if I can observe any discrepancies directly... using only my eyes (feeble though they may be.)

Look for my message... and don't laugh too hard as I miss a bunch of stuff, and make wild swings at nothing ...
Okay, I'll play.  Just looking at the two pics....as posted here, I'll send you my 2-cents.
I have sent you a message with my answers as well.

[Image: Symos1G.png]
... an upbeat cynic
That's some really good fakery!

I read the thread and thought I'll see this in a minute or so........

I tip my hat sir.

"Denial is a common tactic that substitutes deliberate ignorance for thoughtful planning." 
Charles Tremper
I also sent you a dm with my choice as to which picture is fake. 

I thought the fake picture jumped right out at me, but something tells me I was wrong since everyone else who did this before did not get it right.
"The real trouble with reality is that there is no background music." Anonymous

Plato's Chariot Allegory
I did this by sight.

Wonder if I'm right?
(03-08-2024, 11:00 AM)quintessentone Wrote: I thought the fake picture jumped right out at me, but something tells me I was wrong since everyone else who did this before did not get it right.

What I thought was interesting is one thing I missed in one of the photos jumped out at me today....and now I wonder how I could have missed that "clue" yesterday. Rolleyes
@ArMaP - I thought I sent you an email but I guess I forgot to type in the subject line and it failed to send. I sent another one asking if I managed to identify the fake picture.
"The real trouble with reality is that there is no background music." Anonymous

Plato's Chariot Allegory
(03-09-2024, 10:37 AM)quintessentone Wrote: @ArMaP - I thought I sent you an email but I guess I forgot to type in the subject line and it failed to send. I sent another one asking if I managed to identify the fake picture.

Message received and answered.  Smile