deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Body of US Embassy attaché found dead in Ukraine hotel room
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news...d-33115155

Quote:The unnamed embassy attaché was found Tuesday at the Kyiv Hilton, according to online newspaper Strana UA. "Yesterday at about 11:00 a.m. the body of an attaché of the U.S. Embassy was found in a hotel room. No signs of violence were found on the body. The man arrived in Ukraine on June 15," one source said, Strana UA reported. Another source added: "According to medical data provided by the U.S. Embassy, the man suffered from high cholesterol."

The rest of the article describes how this is considered to be a death from natural causes, I would suspect some diseases associated with very high cholesterol levels (if we assume the story is true). It is further described in the article that no signs of violence or injury were found on the body of the deceased and the door was locked from the inside. So far no autopsy has been performed.

I wonder how someone can make a statement with such certainty arguing the attaché died from high cholesterol which seems at least careless not to say dumb. You could die from some heart diseases related to high levels of cholesterol for example. On the other hand there is no autopsy yet and we don't really know what happened.

What if there is something more to this story?
Good find.

Something could be lost in translation. A heart attack FROM high cholesterol would make sense.

But, they don’t name the individual so you could pretty easily tell if the person was fit or not - something to assess the probability of them having heart issues.

It does seem like an odd first explanation and I agree this is worth watching.
(06-26-2024, 09:10 PM)VulcanWerks Wrote: Good find.

Something could be lost in translation. A heart attack FROM high cholesterol would make sense.

But, they don’t name the individual so you could pretty easily tell if the person was fit or not - something to assess the probability of them having heart issues.

It does seem like an odd first explanation and I agree this is worth watching.

Ok they don't name the individual but on the other hand the explanation offered is problematic because on its own high cholesterol isn't a very convincing reason as to why the person died. They seem to have the autopsy results ready but no autopsy has been performed yet.

The level of journalism is quite low imo because I saw many newspapers copy pasting the same argument about 'high cholesterol levels' being responsible for the death of the attaché. On the other hand journalists are not well versed on medical conditions and that had to be taken into account.