deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Poll: Where Do You Stand On The Ancient Aliens Theory
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Absolutely.
66.67%
8 66.67%
They visit Earth, but they don't build anything.
16.67%
2 16.67%
Aliens don't visit Earth.
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ancient Aliens Debunked - Full Movie
(11-27-2023, 01:41 AM)ANNEE Wrote: Fascinating subject to me.

But, IMHO, I always find the debunkers stretch their reach as far as they can -- just as those they are trying to debunk.

Can really go either way.

I wonder -- were the pyramids built by an ancient visitor -- then discovered by later inhabitants -- and what we see is repairing instead of building?

Have blueprints of what/how/why the pyramids were designed for ever found -- prior to their construction?

There are no blueprints of ANY building before the Renaissance... there's a few drawing plans of buildings but nothing like we'd say was a blueprint.  I suspect you're thinking of the Gizamids when you say "pyramid" but they didn't really need one.  Khufu's father and grandfather both built pyramids; Khufu's father built three (and possibly four) with a volume greater than that of the Great Pyramid. 

There would have been generations of designer-architects (Imhotep's family, mainly and Hemiunu's family) who worked on these, saw the failures (Bent Pyramid, Meidum Pyramid) and problems (particularly those created by smaller stacked blocks) and successes.  The Gizamids are the result of over 100 years of expert work by stonemasons, construction workers, and so forth, who learned the trades from their families.  They also built other projects on behalf of the king (something that tends to be ignored.)

The stonework isn't at all regular (blocks are any number of sizes; no consistency at all) -- which isn't something an advanced civilization would do.  It's much easier to cut things to a standard size and fit them in (or to carefully break something apart and then put it back together) instead of the very haphazard way that stones are set into the pyramids.

They've got a few stones that are parts of one another, but there's an awful lot of mortar (the white stuff) filling in gaps and a bunch of smaller rocks plugging up holes. 
[Image: large-limestone-blocks-stonework-on-the-...REBCF3.jpg]

In the interior, the King's Chamber is probably the best finished there, but nothing that's seen is beyond the capability of someone with stone tools:
[Image: main-qimg-ba8e1938b51a06dc818c4531328c645e-lq]

Now... if they'd built something like the Amiens Cathedral, THEN we could say that something hinky was going on:

[Image: 3768939432_5721b15856_z.jpg?itok=JHtVAKlw]

You can't do that with granite stone pounders, copper chisels, shadoufs, and ramps.
(11-26-2023, 11:20 PM)IdeomotorPrisoner Wrote: In the world of The History Channel, The Inca said the sky gods built their empire.

They must have forgot Viracocha came from Lake Titicaca.

I know I share this OFTEN, but in the name of adding content to this new site, and denying ignorance, I feel this is a good addition for the aliens section.

I would like to help Michael Heiser posthumously call out the deception of the Ancient Aliens Theory promoted by Sitchin and Von Daniken.

They are both pseudo-intellectual charlatans that use deception to promote alternative theories without base in logic.

False Dilemna abound. 

It's a bit long but you can skip around to all the sections. They debunk almost every claim of the 1st Season.  

I can only criticize this movie for the Pyramid Section. They debunked The Ancient Aliens claim by offering an answer to their false dilemma with the internal ramp construction theory. 

Other than that 4.5 stars.

I also really like the poll feature.

Should add "visited earth and built some things" to that poll.

Peace.
I enjoyed the show for a few episodes back in the day, but it became clear that they were going to "find" aliens in every bit of archaeology they came across.  The leaps to some image of a dude in a headdress/hat or carrying a stick being clearly an ancient astronaut or alien with a laser gun or other incredulous leaps of logic.

I have been pretty upfront in the past. I 100% am certain there are humanoids that have technology and craft that is beyond ordinary human tech.  That said, I am extremely thorough about ruling out other things or simply stating "neat story or neat pic, but it's unfortunately useless as far as evidence goes" when it isn't truly compelling or just too "useless".

Von Daniken is no worse than anyone else on the show, but he regularly has good theories and wants to look at things from alternative angles, but he simply doesn't have the expertise and level-headedness to not run to the finish line with every odd theory. If it's a structure, it surely aligned with some important star at some point in the past. Guess what. Any two  points can be pulled from corners and features to point to just about anything at some point in time.

It's not that none of those things are true or that the theories are absolutely wrong, but that the evidence just isn't there to say that such and such was definitely looking at the Pleiades in 2700 BC. It could just as well have been an estate owner putting a bunch of big rocks around his driveway so drunk idiots didn't run their chariot through the fancy gardens.

The overwhelming majority of archaeological sites are human -- even the odd ones.  The techniques they used are not always what "they" claim, and the time periods are often jumbled or even way off. That said, not everything is purely human-made.

My feeling is when disclosure happens, it won't actually matter any more. Aliens are being weeded out and in the future and will no longer be a part of this system.

(01-02-2024, 11:54 PM)Byrd Wrote: ...

You can't do that with granite stone pounders, copper chisels, shadoufs, and ramps.

My personal feeling is that tools other than stone/copper/bronze are just far more likely to disappear over time. Oxidation to nothing recognizable happens quickly with anything iron. Not to mention it would be far more valuable to reuse/recycle more advanced tool materials. The stuff that is left is the stone, copper, bronze that lasts forever. People generally just have no concept of how quickly the earth takes things back even where it is dry.
There were other techniques as well that have simply been lost to humanity.
Personally, I like to take a look at all the theories.  See if there is a common thread.   Also, if you look at some related/not related areas of study, such as our wonderful government, and some of their "programs" such as the remote viewing and such, you find surprising overlaps of information.
So while I don't believe every ancient build is "Aliens", I know believe that "others" have been showing up, from ancient times.