deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Poll: Where Do You Stand On The Ancient Aliens Theory
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Absolutely.
66.67%
8 66.67%
They visit Earth, but they don't build anything.
16.67%
2 16.67%
Aliens don't visit Earth.
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ancient Aliens Debunked - Full Movie
In the world of The History Channel, The Inca said the sky gods built their empire.

They must have forgot Viracocha came from Lake Titicaca.

I know I share this OFTEN, but in the name of adding content to this new site, and denying ignorance, I feel this is a good addition for the aliens section.

I would like to help Michael Heiser posthumously call out the deception of the Ancient Aliens Theory promoted by Sitchin and Von Daniken.

They are both pseudo-intellectual charlatans that use deception to promote alternative theories without base in logic.

False Dilemna abound. 

[Video: https://youtu.be/j9w-i5oZqaQ?si=TyK14LGyKJ_RAeOs]

It's a bit long but you can skip around to all the sections. They debunk almost every claim of the 1st Season.  

I can only criticize this movie for the Pyramid Section. They debunked The Ancient Aliens claim by offering an answer to their false dilemma with the internal ramp construction theory. 

Other than that 4.5 stars.

I also really like the poll feature.
[Image: xn661c5393.jpg]
Undecided voter
(11-26-2023, 11:20 PM)IdeomotorPrisoner Wrote: In the world of The History Channel, The Inca said the sky gods built their empire.

They must have forgot Viracocha came from Lake Titicaca.

I know I share this OFTEN, but in the name of adding content to this new site, and denying ignorance, I feel this is a good addition for the aliens section.

I would like to help Michael Heiser posthumously call out the deception of the Ancient Aliens Theory promoted by Sitchin and Von Daniken.

They are both pseudo-intellectual charlatans that use deception to promote alternative theories without base in logic.

False Dilemna abound. 

[Video: https://youtu.be/j9w-i5oZqaQ?si=TyK14LGyKJ_RAeOs]

It's a bit long but you can skip around to all the sections. They debunk almost every claim of the 1st Season.  

I can only criticize this movie for the Pyramid Section. They debunked The Ancient Aliens claim by offering an answer to their false dilemma with the internal ramp construction theory. 

Other than that 4.5 stars.

I also really like the poll feature.
Fascinating subject to me.

But, IMHO, I always find the debunkers stretch their reach as far as they can -- just as those they are trying to debunk.

Can really go either way.

I wonder -- were the pyramids built by an ancient visitor -- then discovered by later inhabitants -- and what we see is repairing instead of building?

Have blueprints of what/how/why the pyramids were designed for ever found -- prior to their construction?
I first saw Eric von Daniken 50 years ago.   Being Swiss, his English and the accent made him more difficult to understand than now, that he has been lecturing in English for half a century.   

It was at NMSU, in a large auditorium with a movie screen.   His 2 hour presentation consisted of slides and him asking 'Why'?  'How'?  and 'What'?  

Simply assembling the evidence and presenting it all in context, and the images speak for themselves.  

Yes, they can all be debunked.   But mainstream science is wrong all the time as well.   

Ive attended Contact in the Desert 3 times.  AlienCon and Roswell annual UFO conference to see Eric each time, since.   He is in his 80s now, still lectures for 2 hours and can drink all the other 'Ancient Alien Theorists' under the table in the hotel bar.   Georgio Tsoukalos is his 'apprentice' to carry on his work.  They are both characters, and very nice men.   I've enjoyed the handshake encounters I've been fortunate to have with them.   

I appreciate the alternate theorists.   Not the hucksters.   Too many hucksters.   Not gonna name names tho'.
Not that I am a fan of Dänikken or the Ancien Aliens Theory, but since we're moving forward with Tom DeLonge and such towards 'aliens' not being 'ET' but more in the ballpark of 'gods' in a sense of 'intelligences not from our set of dimensions*' I look at it as necessary step in the evolution of the lore.

Even if it is the most racist crap ever.

* I am a fan of String Theory with its eleven dimensions alas to me I mixed that with Max Tegmarks mathmatical proof that existence in a different set of dimensions (3 time 1 space) is possible, ie 'Tachyons'
There's such a jumble of information out there, much of it presented by people who are trying to make a buck. I read Chariots of the Gods way back in the late 70s and that's what got me into ancient civilizations, UFOs, etc...
Whatever came before us, they didn't say goodby in a good way, that's for sure.
(11-27-2023, 10:36 AM)CoyoteAngels Wrote: I first saw Eric von Daniken 50 years ago.   Being Swiss, his English and the accent made him more difficult to understand than now, that he has been lecturing in English for half a century.   

It was at NMSU, in a large auditorium with a movie screen.   His 2 hour presentation consisted of slides and him asking 'Why'?  'How'?  and 'What'?  

Simply assembling the evidence and presenting it all in context, and the images speak for themselves.  

Yes, they can all be debunked.   But mainstream science is wrong all the time as well.   

Ive attended Contact in the Desert 3 times.  AlienCon and Roswell annual UFO conference to see Eric each time, since.   He is in his 80s now, still lectures for 2 hours and can drink all the other 'Ancient Alien Theorists' under the table in the hotel bar.   Georgio Tsoukalos is his 'apprentice' to carry on his work.  They are both characters, and very nice men.   I've enjoyed the handshake encounters I've been fortunate to have with them.   

I appreciate the alternate theorists.   Not the hucksters.   Too many hucksters.   Not gonna name names tho'.

I first read Von Daniken back in the early 80's and I have to admit I was quite taken by his theories.

Since then I have both read and watched a lot about The Ancient Alien Theory and have to say that I think quite a lot of it is nonsense.

But, nothing I have read or watched has entirely convinced me that there isn't an element of truth in it.
There are far too many similarities in myths and legends between civilisations that had no contact with each other and so many coincidences. And there is quite a lot of supporting evidence.
We have to think how people from possibly thousands of years ago would have interpreted any contact with an advanced race etc and how they would have recorded such for prosperity.

Of course it has now become an industry and there are many out there who are simply trying to earn a buck and have no actual interest in discovering or discerning the truth.

There is also the possibility that there is a concerted effort to hide the truth from us by submerging it in a deluge of questionable evidence and easily disproven theories. 
It sort of justifies labelling anyone who believes there is some truth in The Ancient Alien Theory as some sort of crank and Conspiracy Theory nutjob.
I find this topic really interesting. I'm not as well versed in all of it, and I'm also intrigued by string theory as mentioned above.  

I hope this thread gains traction and I learn a few new things.

As it stands now I believe something happened and greater knowledge was brought to many groups of people.  I'm on the fence about who and how though.
Honestly looking back they were probably used to astroturf the conspiracy of any type of ancient alien interaction that could've now taken place.

You look into aliens in ancient times it brings up all their stupid made for TV episodes with the stupid music and literally everything was aliens to meme status it had become.

use to watch it for lulz as in trash tv, but it became so redundant.
got my ass ate, it was great, tell your dad thanks

[Image: eI0GGBm.gif]
Sweet Baby Chee-zits!!!

Am a huge fan of Dr Michael Heiser. 
Pretty sure he may not intended his work to be used as a reference book for understanding how God's other spiritual beings work, function,& job descriptions.

On the other hand the second I understood that the Bible had major portions missing, &  things left in just to skew the doctrines to what was the churches stance I never bothered with it since. Heisers work putting back in the supernatural hauled me right back to it.

It also doesn't hurt he's a very easy & engaging orator.
(RIP) 

The crazy-making part is just about 99 percent of Bigfooters and their fans have absolutely no clue about the Nephilim or Watchers, or Ezekiel wheel. Same can be said about Demons. If they're going just by the current English version they're waaaay out in left field.