deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Patterson-Gimlin Footage.
(12-30-2023, 12:49 PM)underpass61 Wrote: I have a business associate/friend that I've known for 35+ years. About 10 years ago we were chatting and he told me of an experience he had as a kid. His best friend was a Mormon kid whose family used to go to a retreat in the Utah wilderness every summer and he was invited to go along. He told me that one afternoon/early evening he and his friend decided to go down to a small lake and do some fishing before it got too dark. They were walking down the dirt trail to the lake when suddenly a huge hairy creature stepped out of the brush and onto the trail about 100 feet ahead of them. He said it was at least 8 feet tall and it stopped and turned toward them. They froze - then the creature bounded off the other side of the trail and went up a heavily forested embankment at an unbelievable speed, snapping branches and making an ungodly racket. He turned to his friend only to see that he was already gone running back up the trail! He took off after his friend and they told the parents what happened but of course they didn't believe it.
This guy has zero reason to lie to me, in fact as he was telling me goosebumps literally rose up on his arms. He said it happens every time he thinks about it.

Its stories of encounters like this add to the circumstantial evidence, with the physical evidence of tracks and casts. The chances all of these are hoaxes, lies or misidentifications are astronomically small. 

As for Willow Creek and Patty plenty of sightings are still being reported to this day, if it was a money grab one would think the suit and story would be worth a small fortune
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....
Our government owns about 1/3 of all US land, with much of it off limits to citizens, so who knows how many unknown species may reside therein?

Half of US land is undeveloped, so there could be many things never before seen.

I remain open minded on BF; there may or may not be another explaination. I do know taking the book Missing:411 camping with me was a bad idea, though.
I'm not a Domestic Engineer; I'm still feral.
[Image: yxpLJtN.jpg]
(11-21-2023, 12:41 PM)Kurokage Wrote: We really need to start this part of the site off with some Patty vids for those new to Cryptozology.
So this is the most recent stabilized HD footage of Patty I could find.
What's people's opinion on Patty after all these years? Was it just a guy in an ape suit or was it an unkown homind?

It's butt muscles do not move and look at the upper leg next to the big butt "I do not Lie" It creases .. Fake I thought they admitted it in the end .

https://i.imgur.com/yxpLJtN.jpg
Something that is also possible is that most sightings that are not hoaxed are actually Black Bears walking upright, which they can do. They tend to do that when they want to see over bushes and the like.
(12-31-2023, 03:24 PM)ravenwatcher Wrote: [Image: https://i.imgur.com/yxpLJtN.jpg]
It's butt muscles do not move and look at the upper leg next to the big butt "I do not Lie" It creases .. Fake I thought they admitted it in the end .

https://i.imgur.com/yxpLJtN.jpg

Im a complete novice LOL and not trying to convert anybody to the church of Patty, it isn't that important its just a past time 

Just know statistically for all the stories to be hoaxes,  black bears, or other misidentifications is incredibly small and it discounts the professionals the police officers the backwoodsmen that aren't prone to mistakes let's just say. 

Im more skeptical of new stories than the older accounts honestly  

We have a chit-ton of fake footprint casts, many of which professionals like Meldrum believe are genuine however

(12-31-2023, 04:57 PM)Blaine91555 Wrote: Something that is also possible is that most sightings that are not hoaxed are actually Black Bears walking upright, which they can do. They tend to do that when they want to see over bushes and the like.

If it's hidden a bit perhaps, but nothing of a black bear's silhouette says sasquatch at all.
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....
And then there is this video of the son of the suit maker.

[Video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hOqDc9mCZG0]

Too much evidence of hoax leaked out.
Does anyone know the minimum safe distance of ignorance?
(05-17-2024, 04:32 PM)BeyondKnowledge Wrote: And then there is this video of the son of the suit maker.

[Video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hOqDc9mCZG0]

Too much evidence of hoax leaked out.

So we believe the son of the suit maker and the evidence is a gorilla mask that looks nothing like Patty? 

I was hoping for something a little more definitive, nothing by claims no physical evidence they could make a suit like the one depicted in the video.
(05-17-2024, 05:07 PM)putnam6 Wrote: So we believe the son of the suit maker and the evidence is a gorilla mask that looks nothing like Patty? 

I was hoping for something a little more definitive, nothing by claims no physical evidence they could make a suit like the one depicted in the video.

I read somewhere that the order was placed for the suit with custom modifications to the head and some extra fabric to be sent along with it.

The building technique, latex molding, is not long lasting. It would have rotted away within 20 years of making if cared properly. Skin oil actually degrades latex. You have to clean it and treat it with caster oil to get latex to last.

As the suit maker, the father, is no longer with us, he can't demonstrate how to make one himself. Also, that technique is commonly available as do it yourself instructions for making fursuits on the Internet now. It was not commonly available knowledge at the time it was made.

I have located an article from an interview with the maker of that suit.

https://www.theledger.com/story/news/200...114644007/
(05-17-2024, 06:47 PM)BeyondKnowledge Wrote: I read somewhere that the order was placed for the suit with custom modifications to the head and some extra fabric to be sent along with it.

The building technique, latex molding, is not long lasting. It would have rotted away within 20 years of making if cared properly. Skin oil actually degrades latex. You have to clean it and treat it with caster oil to get latex to last.

As the suit maker, the father, is no longer with us, he can't demonstrate how to make one himself. Also, that technique is commonly available as do it yourself instructions for making fursuits on the Internet now. It was not commonly available knowledge at the time it was made.

This is what makes this event so fascinating, Id counter I read that the makeup artist for the original Planet of the Apes said unequivocally the tech to make the PATTY suit was not available contemporaneously to the film.

Isn't more likely the modest costume maker company, wanted the free publicity as the company that dresses Patty. 

Quote:Morris' wife and business partner Amy had vouched for her husband and claims to have helped frame the suit.[sup][242][/sup] Morris offered no evidence apart from his own testimony to support his account, the most conspicuous shortcoming being the absence of a gorilla suit or documentation that would match the detail evidenced in the film and could have been produced in 1967.

A re-creation of the PGF was undertaken on October 6, 2004, at "Cow Camp," near Rimrock Lake, a location 41 miles (66 km) west of Yakima.[sup][243][/sup] This was six months after the publication of Long's book and 11 months after Long had first contacted Morris.[sup][244][/sup] Bigfooter Daniel Perez wrote, "National Geographic's [producer] Noel Dockster ... noted the suit used in the re-creation ... was in no way similar to what was depicted in the P–G film."[sup][245][/sup]
Morris would not consent to release the video to National Geographic, the re-creation's sponsor, claiming he had not had adequate time to prepare and that the month was in the middle of his busy season.[sup][citation needed][/sup]

Film industry personnel[edit]Movie production companies' executives[edit]
  • Dale Sheets and Universal Studios. Patterson, Gimlin, and DeAtley[sup][200][/sup] screened the film for Dale Sheets, head of the Documentary Film Department, and unnamed technicians[sup][132][/sup] "in the special effects department at Universal Studios in Hollywood ... Their conclusion was: 'We could try (faking it), but we would have to create a completely new system of artificial muscles and find an actor who could be trained to walk like that. It might be done, but we would have to say that it would be almost impossible.'"[sup][201][/sup] A more moderate version of their opinion was, "if it is [a man in an ape suit], it's a very good one—a job that would take a lot of time and money to produce."[sup][202][/sup]
  • Disney executive Ken Peterson. Krantz reports that in 1969, John Green (who owned a first-generation copy of the original Patterson film)[sup][203][/sup] interviewed Disney executive Ken Peterson, who, after viewing the Patterson film, asserted "that their technicians would not be able to duplicate the film".[sup][132][/sup][sup][198][/sup][sup][204][/sup] Krantz argues that if Disney personnel were unable to duplicate the film, there is little likelihood that Patterson could have done so. Greg Long writes, "Byrne cited his trip to Walt Disney studios in 1972, where Disney's chief of animation and four assistants viewed Patterson's footage and praised it as a beautiful piece of work although, they said, it must have been shot in a studio. When Byrne told them it had been shot in the woods of Northern California, 'They shook their heads and walked away.'"[sup][136][/sup][sup][205][/sup]
Bill Munns[edit]Bill Munns, retired, was a special effects and make-up artist,[sup][206][/sup] cameraman, and film editor.[sup][207][/sup] He argues that Universal and Disney were not the most knowledgeable studios to consult with. He says that Fox, MGM, and special effects artist Stuart Freeborn in England, "who had just completed his groundbreaking ape suits for 2001: A Space Odyssey", would have been preferable.[sup][208][/sup]
Munns started posting his online analysis of the film in 2009 and summarizing it in the online Munns Report.[sup][209][/sup] In 2013 he and Jeff Meldrum co-authored three papers in Meldrum's online magazine, Relict Hominoid Inquiry.[sup][210][/sup] In 2014, Munns self-published When Roger Met Patty, a 488-page book incorporating material from those articles that analyses the film and film subject from various perspectives.
He argues the film depicts a non-human animal, not a man in a fur suit. He proposes a new diagnostic test of authenticity, at the armpit: natural concave skin fold vs. artificial vertical crease.[sup][211][/sup] Munns' analysis has been featured in an episode of the History Channel series MonsterQuest.[sup][212][/sup]

for fun I looked up Morris Costumes pretty amazing if this is the original company regardless here's their 2024 Deluxe Gorilla costume. Let's put it this way if it's fake and it was from Morris, Patterson/Gimlin likely remade the whole damn thing 

[Image: adults-deluxe-gorilla-costume~mr149000]
(05-17-2024, 07:59 PM)putnam6 Wrote: This is what makes this event so fascinating, Id counter I read that the makeup artist for the original Planet of the Apes said unequivocally the tech to make the PATTY suit was not available contemporaneously to the film.

Isn't more likely the modest costume maker company, wanted the free publicity as the company that dresses Patty. 

for fun I looked up Morris Costumes pretty amazing if this is the original company regardless here's their 2024 Deluxe Gorilla costume. Let's put it this way if it's fake and it was from Morris, Patterson/Gimlin likely remade the whole damn thing 

[Image: https://s7.orientaltrading.com/is/image/...e~mr149000]

Well, if you are looking for a good gorilla costume from the mid 70s. Try this one.

[Video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lBZCUiR7Iq...=1&pp=iAQB]

Gorilla suits have been around form before the Three Stooges. It really depends on how much time or money you want to put into making one and how good an actor is wearing it. Tracy was owned and acted by Bob Burns so he did it for a living before the show. Most TV productions at the time could not afford a suit of that quality. Hiring him was more a question of have gorilla shuit, will act, than anything. They saw him in the gorilla suit reading a news paper and hired him on the spot.

And yes, most studios could not make one, that is why they hired ones with the actors that owned them. And they should have consulted the makers of the costumes for 2001.