deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A weird place
File this one under faith.

I'd like to write a little about something that been on my mind lately. I've come to a weird new place and so I really just want to get this off of my chest a bit. I'm not really looking for guidance or suggestions really. I'd really just like to lay this put, see if anyone is, or ever has been in thie same place as I am right now.

Basically, the jest of it is, my desires. Or lack there of.

I have been on spiritual journey for quite some time now. I am in a good place in my heart my mind and my spirit. I am happy, and I am at peace.

I am in a new place in the sense that, I no longer desire anything that is of this world anymore.
I no longer desire money or success. I do not desire to be a part of the politics. I do not desire to be in any romantic relationships. I do not desire anymore than I need. I don't follow any of the trends. I have no desire to make videos of myself, or others in the hopes that I'll go viral.

There is nothing this world has to offer me, that I now do not already have. Which isn't much, and yet I feel rich.

I have found the treasures that I desire. But they are not of this world. I seek those treasures now, and I am at a place where that is all that really matters to me anymore.

I have become detached from any worldly desire. I've pretty well seen it all at this point. I've been rich. I've been poor. I've been free and I've been caged. What I've learned from my extensive travels through this world and this life is...

I'd rather share bread with the poor and humble, than eat steak and lobster with the rich and powerful.

This is not a bad place to be. I am at a crossroads and I have no clue which way I'm heading, what my next move is, and I have lost all desires for the "things" of this world.

I still have love for my fellow mankind. With these desires gone, and as I sit here, I have no clue what to do with myself now. But, honestly, that's a nice feeling. I feel no pressure what's so ever. I just have no clue, and am at a 'what now' point. So, I thought I'd write it our. Maybe it will help with the process. It's kind of a weird feeling, having detached from the world and the grind like this. A weird place I've never been before.

Eventually ill find my next project, or step ill take. But for now, I'm just going to chill in my new weird place.

Thanks for listening DI. Anyone else ever experienced this? It's different, but actually very peaceful. Beer Cool Thumbup
If I may, it sounds like your are in a good "place."

I think that when we eliminate our tendencies to obsess over our desires, and to conflate 'need' for 'desire', we 'free' ourselves in a very real sense.  On occasion I have felt myself approaching this kind of feeling... unfortunately I have been less "able" to secure it in any permanent sense.  You have my empathetic joy for your situation, so to speak.

I am called upon to mention that regarding 'what to do' you may be relapsing into a modality of thought that could (might) confound you.

I believe that there is a wisdom among certain native American tribes regarding the living of life.  They say "Walk in beauty" is a thing unto itself.  You are coming up on that beauty, perhaps even in it... seeking 'a path' is self defeating.  Beauty will flow ever before you... you needn't do anything except witness it... that will be enough.

Perhaps it is the drive to "do" that pulls and pushes to and from beauty.  Perhaps it's "how" we posture our intentions.  Be who you are, embrace that it is so, don't strive to forge it into something else... don't give way to the illusion of a purpose... beauty is a gift... accept it.  We, in your world around you, benefit greatly from anyone "walking in beauty." 

Peace is the wellspring.  Drink deeply.  If there are lessons there, they will manifest to you... "reaching" for them isn't really 'required.'

(Sorry if this sounds goofy... I get this way from time to time.)
(05-08-2024, 12:33 PM)Leftiris Wrote: Thanks for listening DI. Anyone else ever experienced this? It's different, but actually very peaceful. Beer Cool Thumbup

Contentment. Isn't it wonderful. Thumbup

When the energy we have is ours and we have no immediate obligations or desires. Freewheeling so to speak. Happened to me in the lockdowns sitting in my garden and enjoying just being.

It's like that whole feeling of waiting for something dissappears to enjoy moments of freedom never imagined.

Enjoy yourself and keep that vibration high and energy flowing. I also hope your new hobby or interest finds you when you're ready for it. Or not.

Everything Always Unfolds Perfectly.

Wisdom knocks quietly, always listen carefully. And never hit "SEND" or "REPLY" without engaging brain first.
(05-08-2024, 03:37 PM)Maxmars Wrote: If I may, it sounds like your are in a good "place."

I think that when we eliminate our tendencies to obsess over our desires, and to conflate 'need' for 'desire', we 'free' ourselves in a very real sense.  On occasion I have felt myself approaching this kind of feeling... unfortunately I have been less "able" to secure it in any permanent sense.  You have my empathetic joy for your situation, so to speak.

I am called upon to mention that regarding 'what to do' you may be relapsing into a modality of thought that could (might) confound you.

I believe that there is a wisdom among certain native American tribes regarding the living of life.  They say "Walk in beauty" is a thing unto itself.  You are coming up on that beauty, perhaps even in it... seeking 'a path' is self defeating.  Beauty will flow ever before you... you needn't do anything except witness it... that will be enough.

Perhaps it is the drive to "do" that pulls and pushes to and from beauty.  Perhaps it's "how" we posture our intentions.  Be who you are, embrace that it is so, don't strive to forge it into something else... don't give way to the illusion of a purpose... beauty is a gift... accept it.  We, in your world around you, benefit greatly from anyone "walking in beauty." 

Peace is the wellspring.  Drink deeply.  If there are lessons there, they will manifest to you... "reaching" for them isn't really 'required.'

(Sorry if this sounds goofy... I get this way from time to time.)

You gave me goosebumps; that was beauty. I am now speechless at the moment.

(05-08-2024, 04:45 PM)Nerb Wrote: Contentment. Isn't it wonderful. Thumbup

When the energy we have is ours and we have no immediate obligations or desires. Freewheeling so to speak. Happened to me in the lockdowns sitting in my garden and enjoying just being.

It's like that whole feeling of waiting for something dissappears to enjoy moments of freedom never imagined.

Enjoy yourself and keep that vibration high and energy flowing. I also hope your new hobby or interest finds you when you're ready for it. Or not.

Everything Always Unfolds Perfectly.

"Contentment"
That's the word that kept coming to mind yesterday as I was meditating on this new space.

I. Am. Content.

I appreciate those words of support so much, I'd like to share something personal about it.

I had been wanting to share this thought with a family member. I told them the same as I put it out here, and the response I got was, "I feel sorry for you."

I have been debating on whether or not to drop communication with this family member for a very long time now. And I had been really wanting to share that with them, in the hopes that they would understand, and I wanted them to know I was in a good place. When I got the response it hurt. That old familiar sting. (Long history of toxicity and abuse from this individual, it's a miracle I still speak to them)
After that brief conversation, that I quickly backed out of, I sat down to watch the sunset, and I opened up DI, and read these two beautiful posts that lifted me up back to where I was when I wrote this.

Thank you.

I wouldn't let it get me down too much; I'm used to it, and was expecting it. I've decided not to share such important things with this person anymore. I cast a pearl before the wrong person.

Glad yall appreciated it tho...
(05-08-2024, 05:49 PM)Leftiris Wrote:  I've decided not to share such important things with this person anymore. I cast a pearl before the wrong person.

Glad yall appreciated it tho...

I fully understand what you say there and have had a lifetime of those kinds of encounters with family. I actually spoke to my Dad earlier regarding the latest assassination attempt on my character and as collateral damage, his too. We had a good chat and we are strong together after nearly 60 years and put the world to rights.

Feel free to PM me any time regarding how to deal with unwanted negative reactions from family members or actually disowning them as a last resort, I'm a bit of an expert now lol. Family can really hurt sometimes, and they can be frustrating to say the least. The clichés could be endless but I think you nailed it on the head with casting Pearls.

So glad you enjoyed watching the Sunset. I do that sometimes to unwind under my huge Lime tree sat on a little bench. Summertime there is amazing because the whole tree is it's own ecosystem absolutely buzzing with activity.

Here, have another sunset...
[Image: wmmGC0I.png]

Wisdom knocks quietly, always listen carefully. And never hit "SEND" or "REPLY" without engaging brain first.