deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
Donald Trump found guilty on all counts in ‘hush money’ trial
The next phase will be interesting.

There will be appeals, of course, but Merchan has done a lot to forestall some of the obvious ones -- including asking the New York supreme court if he should recuse himself (unanimous decision was "no".)

I think the appeals will fail because he was so well prepared.  They certainly won't do well if the lawyers let Trump direct the process -- that was part of the reason that the defense failed to prove that the accusation was hollow.  I don't think he'll see jail time; I'm expecting sanctions and fines.

BUT (here's the interesting thing) -- how do we prevent this situation in the future?  What steps need to be taken to assure the public that the person they elect for president is not involved in criminal acts?

(if you hate Hillary/Obama/Bush/Biden/Carter/etc, what should be done to make certain that the person who becomes president has a clean record?)

Should the parties have some sort of vetting system?

On the national level, should there be a security clearance pass first before they can run for president?

What say you?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Donald Trump found guilty on all counts in ‘hush money’ trial - by Byrd - 05-31-2024, 09:48 PM