deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three very old stars circling our galaxy... too old.
(05-21-2024, 05:58 PM)putnam6 Wrote: I watch this video every time it pops up on my feed, so we are zipping through the Milky Way. Got to ask it looks like a swirling mass but it is moving or stationary, is our solar system going pop out of the Milky Way or are we caught in the swirl heading towards the center of the Milky Way

Ive become addicted to Ask AI... it's kind of scary in itself, but it's informative as hell gives you the gist of the answer but makes me want to understand more completely

Is our solar system moving through the Milky Way or is it being sucked toward the center of the Milky Way?

I found it interesting that you presented your question to AI in an "either/or" structure.  Wink

Nevertheless, the AI response was complete in the sense that it reconciled the elements of the question in one answer.  I get that the answer to both elements of the question is "Technically yes. Why? 'Cause gravity generally sucks."...  But the synthesis of both such 'exclusionary' elements of the question in a single answer can be tricky... chalk one up for for a well-trained large language model.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Three very old stars circling our galaxy... too old. - by Maxmars - 05-21-2024, 06:30 PM