deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The adventure of publishing books
Journal update.
Now that I'm an exhibitor. the first thing to do was get my place in the Visitors' Handbook sorted out. We are listed in categories, and I've sent in a very basic entry. I wasn't going to give away my home address or phone number. A couple of years ago I set up a dedicated email address for just such a purpose, and that's what I'm offering, so that my normal friends-and-family-and-business e-mail doesn't get swamped and spammed.

Also it was definitely worth my while to advertise. The smallest space available is half-page, but I suspect this is a compact page. I admitted to the head of sales that I had no skills to offer artwork, so he put me in touch with the Events Director who happens to do this work freelance. Of course I'm seizing on that opportunity. I've put together a compact message with a couple of images, saying the important things without crowding the space, so he should find it easy to arrange it on the page.  What fonts and background colours do I want? I don't know, just something simple.

Thinking ahead. I wasn't expecting to sell any books on the spot, because I'm not set up for it, technically or legally, but Google indicates an established Christian bookshop in the vicinity. Once the handbook is out (to confirm my bona fides) I might contact them to see if it is worth their while to send out a staff member with stock and a card-reader.

Also further down the line I will be expected to fill in a Risk Assessment form for my stand. I have no idea what to write. But if I go for the option of taking out an insurance policy for the event, they will surely do their own assessment and be able to advise me? Anyway, I can't do that until I've sorted out what the extra furnishings will be, so that must be the next task.

Messages In This Thread
The adventure of publishing books - by DISRAELI - 04-07-2024, 08:30 AM
RE: The adventure of publishing books - by Byrd - 04-07-2024, 10:40 AM
RE: The adventure of publishing books - by Byrd - 04-08-2024, 01:05 AM
RE: The adventure of publishing books - by Byrd - 04-21-2024, 04:30 PM
RE: The adventure of publishing books - by DISRAELI - 05-19-2024, 02:19 PM