deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is sea salt tasting a bit less salty these days
(11-21-2023, 01:12 AM)music is magic Wrote: We get our salt off the east coast of Japan, and I really think their is something wrong with the sea salt for the last several years. I'm really concerned about all the tiny ( don't know the science word for it ) tiny particles of plastic that we might be digesting by using this sea salt.

What do you folks think?

Wouldn't the Fukushima radiation be more of a potential reason, or it is supposedly a "VID" symptom? that messes up your taste buds and your olfactory nerves That said my Himalayan Pink salt tastes salty enough for me but I'm a reformed saltaholic and try to only use it lightly on popcorn and margaritas or tequila shots. But it did make search, isn't most of the salt harvested from areas thousands if not millions of years old thus they would be unaffected by contemporary plastics and radiation for that matter

https://www.americanoceans.org/facts/sea...able-salt/

I'll say this it seems the frozen chicken tastes off, we get ours usually from Kroger, Aldi's, or Costco. Aldi's seems better but it also has better and more consistent texture. The last bag from Kroger was bland and the flesh wasn't shreddable with just a fork, either baked grilled, or boiled it was nasty.

[Image: c9ec1c9c37adbae84b3b8ecb0c4f9fb4.jpg]
His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....                                                                                                                   
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is sea salt tasting a bit less salty these days - by putnam6 - 11-23-2023, 04:42 AM