deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Demons are the Pagan Gods of Ancient Times
(01-29-2024, 02:22 PM)Blaine91555 Wrote: Thanks. I get it now. As interesting as those things are, I've never taken the time to study them.

I watch what you post and really appreciate you sharing your knowledge.

I actually was peripherally involved in a scholarly group of Egyptologists and Egyptology students who were interested in Egyptian "demons" - which is a truly fascinating study.  There were a couple of different categories of these spirits; some of them guarded the Gates of the Underworld (this is a New Kingdom belief... so... after 1800 BC) and would destroy anyone who didn't have the proper passwords to get to the heavenly fields.

My favorite is "Sandbank of Horrible of Face."  Just the name reminded me of an old science fiction story about a snow... thing that basically freeze-dried anything living that it came into contact with.

Other favorite demons are some of the spirits from Japan, as well as some of the ones talked about in books about masks in the Northwest (Tlingit, Salish, Alaskan Native Americans) -- cannibal otter people and other demonic things that stalked the villages, particularly in the winter.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Demons are the Pagan Gods of Ancient Times - by Byrd - 01-29-2024, 06:48 PM