deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Cycling, any of you folks into cycling
(11-18-2023, 06:31 PM)music is magic Wrote: Hello folks.
Any of you into cycling. I'm basically a fulltime cyclist that's been cycling Japan. I have a blog if you like to follow me. Just PM me.  I just did a 43 day camping/cycling tour of Ishigaki, Okinawa.
Not sure how to post pictures on the forum yet. 
OK, happy and safe cycling everyone.

My Bride and me are 65.   We used to cycle, and hope to again, right after her hip surgery (second hip replacement).   We have a tandem trike, a Worksman's trike.  Heavy duty.   Like us, not built for speed, but built for hauling.   Lol  Trike seats the second rider directly behind the front one, and has a back carrier that I once hauled three five-gallon fuel tanks.   This was right after a hurricane, and I'd ride the trike down to the petrol station and fill the plastic tanks.  the trike is rated for whopping 800 lbs./362 kilos.   Trike has rear disc brakes and front standard.   Three-speed.    

I'm thinking of adding a bimini.   Rolleyes Lol  

I'm curious about how you haul your gear and what it is.    It must be so glorious to be cycling across Japan and to be mostly self-contained.    I envy you, but I also know that my time for that kind of thing has passed.   45 years ago, I raced in bike races in San Francisco, riding an old heavy duty ten-speed Schwinn.   Even then, I was heavy work, and while not a contender for the win, I always kept up with the front pack.   I always enjoyed how the lightweight bike riders would cut me a super wide berth on the corners.   Just a private joke.   "It that som'bitch goes down, he's taking a lot of us with him."  

I would like to follow your blog.  We can enjoy your travels vicariously.   Please tell me how.   

P.S.   nice to meet you music is magic.   I like your name.   Cheers

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cycling, any of you folks into cycling - by argentus - 11-19-2023, 02:44 PM