deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Light Show of Illusions
(06-28-2024, 05:04 PM)CCoburn Wrote: The Light Show of Illusions

Isn't it weird that color is nothing but an illusion? Or, more precisely put, it's the end result of the decoding of waveform data, which I sometimes poetically refer as the serpent and the rainbow - the sine waves and frequencies of the optical color spectrum.

So if color is just some superficial illusive property created by the interactions of light energy with its material counterparts(bosons and fermions), then what other illusive properties might take root a bit deeper in forming our reality of things that at face value appear to be so objectively concrete but ultimately and metaphorically turn out to be nothing more than just another light show?

Of course, the dimension of 'feeling' does add another layer of perceptibility here.

Solipsism will kill you if you let it.

I have always rolled my eyes at those pesky consciousness problems. Photo receptors evolved to percieve. What we percieve exists regardless. It's some undefined waveform but it exists for anything to interact with it.

Our mighty perception arose from stardust. I think amino acids form in a cosmic soup. Panspermia doesn't need to travel beyond the system it forms in. All amino acids in our solar system were part of that cloud 4.6 billion years ago, IMO..

What I think is missing is like "chi." That's where my design preference comes in.

It's gotta be thermodynamic law. Like increase in disorder in a closed system includes increase in complexity where able.

Perhaps the same mechanisms of disorder that drive an organized chaos to seek equilibrium is the "life force" that commands even the mitochondrial fission. As all a splitting organelle is, is an increase in disorder.

I don't see too mystical of a light show behind organic perception, but I do see the misunderstood mark of intelligent design.

Only for me, intelligent design is the existence of thermodynamic and causeless universal law, so a deist disambiguation is needed.
[Image: 6qxPamS.jpeg]

Messages In This Thread
The Light Show of Illusions - by CCoburn - 06-28-2024, 05:04 PM
RE: The Light Show of Illusions - by Maxmars - 06-28-2024, 06:03 PM
RE: The Light Show of Illusions - by Nerb - 06-28-2024, 06:11 PM
RE: The Light Show of Illusions - by CCoburn - 06-30-2024, 06:19 AM
RE: The Light Show of Illusions - by broccoli - 06-30-2024, 07:18 AM
RE: The Light Show of Illusions - by CCoburn - 06-30-2024, 07:51 AM
RE: The Light Show of Illusions - by broccoli - 06-30-2024, 07:57 AM
RE: The Light Show of Illusions - by OneStepBack - 07-01-2024, 04:04 AM
RE: The Light Show of Illusions - by CCoburn - 07-02-2024, 06:39 AM
RE: The Light Show of Illusions - by OneStepBack - 07-03-2024, 04:52 AM