deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
The "Chevron" precedent... US Supreme Court ruling
(06-30-2024, 07:59 PM)Maxmars Wrote: I feel this is synchronized with the emergence of "government contracting for services" as a politically-controlled process.  When are these politician's going to evolve passed the "loyalty to the party" trope?  I mean, there were multiple opportunities to effect legislation "regulating the regulators"... we all knew it was going to have to end there... the regulators can no longer be trusted de facto.  They lack accountability, (as only corporations can,) they are distinctly and politically aligned (naturally, as they are politically-appointed,) they are very nearly in fact a 'revolving door' occupancy position...  it's like they were just begging for civic intercession.

I'm sorry to say, I think our "duopoly" of political presence is not a benefit to the nation.  I offer no solution, everyone will want the other guys gone and them remaining, please spare me.  Both parties are run like a fraternal order under Chatham house rules... their common paranoia makes effective governance a non-issue.  It's about appearances.  And 'useful' drama.
In just a basic sense

All voters of all persuasions should applaud the move, can anybody name a Department or Agency that is performing as well as it should be?  It's our tax money paying for them, it's impossible to believe there aren't considerable savings without losing the actual service to the general public

I just did a cursory search and it isn't easy to even find a complete list and what they do. Almost as if TPTB don't want it to be easy to categorize and have oversight over them.

Just reassign or eliminate the bottom 10% by whatever grading system.

It would conservatively likely save in the high tens of millions of dollars to be used elsewhere

I just did a cursory search and it isn't easy to even find a complete list and what they do. There is an alphabetized index with

33 separate A- Agencies

25 B- Bureaus

38 C-Centers

35 D-Departments

but there are duplicate listings and multiples that are seemingly redundant and some that should likely be absorbed and streamlined under another Agency or Department.

each one has its separate website, now how much did the ATS website cost a month? Sure some of them are just landing page but a lot of them are not, with huge databases, etc that cost a ton monthly, and they arent that great or easy to use.

It just can't grow this enormously huge without the danger of collapsing under it's own weight

Thats all before even discussion, the corruption and graft aspect and the lack of legislative oversight. 

I don't know the answer but a country like the US should be able to do much better than it is.
His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....                                                                                                                   
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart  

Messages In This Thread
RE: The "Chevron" precedent... US Supreme Court ruling - by putnam6 - 07-01-2024, 01:12 AM