deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
The "Chevron" precedent... US Supreme Court ruling
(06-30-2024, 06:19 PM)putnam6 Wrote: Generally, these departments and agencies are bloated with unneeded redundancy, inefficiency, and financial mismanagement to put it mildly.

in these contentious times where one party or another grabs power and tries to intact laws and regulations for its political positives as much as any other reason, without understanding all of its intricacies. Intricacies that will have to be dealt with down the road, which is a common political move, cave to PAC and worry about all the consequences later.

Not suggesting states can or can't handle it better, but let's not pretend these agencies are shining examples, they are not. They have so much power and influence that they become little fiefdoms.

I feel this is synchronized with the emergence of "government contracting for services" as a politically-controlled process.  When are these politician's going to evolve passed the "loyalty to the party" trope?  I mean, there were multiple opportunities to effect legislation "regulating the regulators"... we all knew it was going to have to end there... the regulators can no longer be trusted de facto.  They lack accountability, (as only corporations can,) they are distinctly and politically aligned (naturally, as they are politically-appointed,) they are very nearly in fact a 'revolving door' occupancy position...  it's like they were just begging for civic intercession.

I'm sorry to say, I think our "duopoly" of political presence is not a benefit to the nation.  I offer no solution, everyone will want the other guys gone and them remaining, please spare me.  Both parties are run like a fraternal order under Chatham house rules... their common paranoia makes effective governance a non-issue.  It's about appearances.  And 'useful' drama.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The "Chevron" precedent... US Supreme Court ruling - by Maxmars - 06-30-2024, 07:59 PM