deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Kaspersky" antivirus software banned in US as of July '24
Well... I should have guessed this would happen...

There is a political angle to the story...

From Betanews.com: Joe Biden implements Kaspersky ban ahead of debate with Donald Trump, citing national security concerns

For some reason, they think this has to do with the upcoming debate... I wonder why?

In a preemptive move ahead of the upcoming presidential debate with Donald Trump (just a week away), the Biden administration has enforced a significant ban on Kaspersky Lab, Inc., prohibiting all transactions involving the company’s cybersecurity products by U.S. persons. This decision, enacted by the U.S. Department of Commerce, is a part of broader efforts to bolster national security, addressing concerns over potential vulnerabilities that foreign entities could exploit.

The timing of the ban aligns strategically with the political calendar, setting the stage for national security to be a focal point in the debate. 

I'm finding myself wondering it this is one of those kinds of stories where you could add the words "We are reporting" in front of every sentence... since they are telling you what to think.

I suspect this is not a true 'perspective' because this is just totally in line with Trump banning them from all government machines during his term.  So as far a bragging privileges, this doesn't serve the debate at all.  I would ask the author exactly how will it serve 'politically?'... or are we just to believe that it does, because you say so?

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Kaspersky" antivirus software banned in US as of July '24 - by Maxmars - 06-24-2024, 04:22 PM