deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WHOA!!! Did you see that????
(06-23-2024, 11:55 AM)Kenzo Wrote: I agree , it`s serious breach . For some time now i had feeling it`s not secure site anymore .

That was a real eye-opener for me, that's for sure.  For the life of me I can't understand why someone would do something so blatant like that.  I mean if a person wanted to clandestinely change a post's meaning, they'd go in and change one or two words and then vanish.  They wouldn't go in and add entire paragraphs to a post, in a completely different writing style, rebutting statements earlier in the same post.  It's way too obvious.  And anyone with a lick of sense would realize how serious of an issue something like that is.  Again, it's not 'what' was said, it's much more about that something like that could happen at all!  It would effectively be forum-suicide for any staff member to do something like this. 

I realize I make some controversial posts sometimes, and I realize that not everyone agrees with me all the time.  That's okay, I don't expect everyone to agree with me all the time, just like I don't expect to agree with...everyone...all the time.  I wouldn't want the World to be like that, where everyone agrees with everyone else all the time.  How boring of a place that would be, right?  I try to post things which make people think.  They don't have to agree with me, but at least think about it.  On ATS I actively seek out people I don't agree with on certain subjects just to read their posts and try to understand their point of view, to see if I'm missing something. 

I would be lying if I said I haven't adjusted my position on more than one occasion by reading some of these opposing posts on ATS.  In short, I saw I was wrong (imagine that!)  This is one of the things I love about ATS (and hopefully here too); intelligent people with the ability to articulate what is on their mind's without interference.  But...when someone stoops the level of editing someone else's post whose opinion they don't like, to say something other than what the person said, well, that's a level I will not go to.  But I've never wanted to change what someone else said.  That's off the low-end of the dishonesty spectrum, just from a principle standpoint if nothing else.

Just WOW!

(06-23-2024, 12:17 PM)KKLoco Wrote: Like I said, considering the topic, there is a very good chance of foul play here. That’s why I believe the topic is important. BTW, I’ve never posted once about that particular topic, so I have no stake in this game.

I see your point now; I wasn't reading it that way the first time.  My bad.

(06-23-2024, 12:17 PM)KKLoco Wrote: To play a little devils advocate. Do you remember me telling you that I went to edit one of my posts (days before I was locked out). When I hit the edit button, it created an entirely new post. This was not user error. It happened. Maybe the back end is getting even more fucked up from lack of maintenance. My question is, is it possible for a mod to edit a post without it showing them personally as editing it? Not sure that’s even possible unless it was done by an admin.

Weill if I understood the explanation I received correctly, they were saying this is not possible.  I can't say I've personally ever seen an example of this either; mine was the first time I'd seen anything like this (i.e. where the 'edited by' tag was either incorrect or missing altogether). 

(06-23-2024, 12:17 PM)KKLoco Wrote: BTW, I saw your post asking for a password reset on ATS. DO NOT do this! Unless you want today to be your last day having access there.

Is that a getting spanked, like "Bad Boy!" type thing, or do you mean something else?  I didn't really ask for that, I only asked if it was possible.  Plus, I didn't say where to send that password in my request anyway.  If you recall, the next sentence after that was about 'someone' (you, though I didn't use your name) losing access after attempting the same, and that's exactly why I asked.  It's also I said in reply to Xenchen, in the same thread, that password changes were "forum suicide" on ATS.  So, am I misunderstanding you here?  Or, are we saying the same thing?

edit --- Let me say that last part a different way, in the form of a question instead...  You are saying changing your password to anything other than the reset password sent by DTOM causes you to get locked out, correct?  And that from there, there is no recovery method?  This is what I understood from your previous posts in the "Matrix glitch" thread.

Messages In This Thread
WHOA!!! Did you see that???? - by FlyingClayDisk - 06-23-2024, 09:14 AM
RE: WHOA!!! Did you see that???? - by KKLoco - 06-23-2024, 10:24 AM
RE: WHOA!!! Did you see that???? - by Nerb - 06-23-2024, 10:33 AM
RE: WHOA!!! Did you see that???? - by MykeNukem - 06-23-2024, 11:07 AM
RE: WHOA!!! Did you see that???? - by Kenzo - 06-23-2024, 11:55 AM
RE: WHOA!!! Did you see that???? - by FlyingClayDisk - 06-23-2024, 12:33 PM
RE: WHOA!!! Did you see that???? - by KKLoco - 06-23-2024, 12:17 PM
RE: WHOA!!! Did you see that???? - by KKLoco - 06-23-2024, 12:50 PM
RE: WHOA!!! Did you see that???? - by VulcanWerks - 06-23-2024, 02:00 PM
RE: WHOA!!! Did you see that???? - by KKLoco - 06-23-2024, 02:08 PM
RE: WHOA!!! Did you see that???? - by Maxmars - 06-23-2024, 02:36 PM