deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WHOA!!! Did you see that????
(06-23-2024, 10:33 AM)Nerb Wrote: At least you managed to post on ATS about it as a heads-up to others.

Seriously, walk away, the place is becoming a slimy shadow of it's former self.

I also don't think DTOM can help you any more because of the limited access to functionality.

Best case scenario, your thread and post that was edited will be removed.

Be calm, the world still turns regardless.

My post about the event (in Board Business) has since been moved to the Trash Bin, and the explanation I have received so far is not acceptable (to me).  Perhaps they will do more investigation, but perhaps they are unable to investigate further.  My post (where the event occurred) has now been edited back to its original (i.e. what I really did type).  This was per my request, so no shenanigans there, but also no further forensics (unfortunately) either.  The explanation provided was that testing on test threads showed consistent 'edited by' trails, and mine showed I was the last one to edit.  But I know for a fact I didn't type those words simply because I would not have typed those words.  It was obvious from reading them that it wasn't my words, it wasn't even my typing style or lexicon.  Plus, the added words were almost a 'reply' to my topic, and were actively rebutting what I was saying.  Seriously...why would I go back and edit my post only to rebut my own statements?  I would effectively be arguing with myself, and that makes zero sense.

(06-23-2024, 10:24 AM)KKLoco Wrote: Unfortunately, I don’t think you can ‘forget the topic’, as that topic has by FAR been the most controversial, since it happened on October 7th. In hindsight, it is ironic that ATS went down 12 days after that. Probably a coincidence. However, I do find it interesting after what you’re stating here.

I’ve had my posts snipped before. However, they were only REMOVING words, and never ADDING entire paragraphs. I concur captain, this is a huge deal for anyone wishing to continue there.

Likewise, I have had posts snipped before (many), but in all of those instances it was clear who snipped the post (usually with an explanation in the edit box).  Never, ever, have I had a post edited to ADD words that I didn't say. 

I don't mind if people wish to rebut a statement I make in a reply, but to actually re-word someone's post to say something different (especially what the edit said) is completely unacceptable and a VERY serious matter indeed.

Messages In This Thread
WHOA!!! Did you see that???? - by FlyingClayDisk - 06-23-2024, 09:14 AM
RE: WHOA!!! Did you see that???? - by KKLoco - 06-23-2024, 10:24 AM
RE: WHOA!!! Did you see that???? - by Nerb - 06-23-2024, 10:33 AM
RE: WHOA!!! Did you see that???? - by FlyingClayDisk - 06-23-2024, 11:01 AM
RE: WHOA!!! Did you see that???? - by MykeNukem - 06-23-2024, 11:07 AM
RE: WHOA!!! Did you see that???? - by Kenzo - 06-23-2024, 11:55 AM
RE: WHOA!!! Did you see that???? - by KKLoco - 06-23-2024, 12:17 PM
RE: WHOA!!! Did you see that???? - by KKLoco - 06-23-2024, 12:50 PM
RE: WHOA!!! Did you see that???? - by VulcanWerks - 06-23-2024, 02:00 PM
RE: WHOA!!! Did you see that???? - by KKLoco - 06-23-2024, 02:08 PM
RE: WHOA!!! Did you see that???? - by Maxmars - 06-23-2024, 02:36 PM