deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Barack Obama's dream, now a reality
Are you sure you remember the Regan Era?  I know it is normal to minimize the travails of the past... but I lived them.

While it is also normal for every generation to believe their challenges are the most salient of all time, it is not necessarily so.

We have always had bad actors, tragic circumstances for people, ongoing or impending conflicts, and economic turmoil... and those things occur in a spectrum of urgency.  "We didn't start the fire" as the song goes, the human world has always been burning with strife and despair.

I won't get into 'listing' what is happening today and how it is all a function of yesterday and how we dealt (or didn't deal) with it.  But I can assure you, the past is also a source of wisdom, and a wealth of experience that has value even today.  Biden's today is not so very different from Reagan's yesterday... only the players and their motivations change. 

Our basket of items is large and varied... it was that way in the past also.  But the past is over and done with.  We focus on today while we dream of tomorrow.  But the past shouldn't be rewritten as so "different" as to be irrelevant, that path leads to madness.

Sorry for the OT response... I should be discussing Obama's Biden... and who it is that is actually 'orchestrating' the political theater today.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Barack Obama's dream, now a reality - by Maxmars - 06-21-2024, 12:09 AM