Deny Ignorance
Married With Children - Printable Version

+- Deny Ignorance (https://denyignorance.com)
+-- Forum: Sports & Entertainment (https://denyignorance.com/Forum-Sports-Entertainment)
+--- Forum: TV (https://denyignorance.com/Forum-TV)
+--- Thread: Married With Children (/Thread-Married-With-Children)

Married With Children - FlyersFan - 04-28-2024

My guilty secret ... I love Married with Children.  Yeah, the shows are like 30 years old.  Yeah, they are crass.  But man, they can't make TV like that anymore.  Everyone would have a meltdown because it's so not politically correct.  It's funny as heck.  Comes on starting Saturdays at 5pm and runs until Sunday at 3pm on TBS.  I love when Buck the dog talks.  And the one with Buck going to Heaven is my favorite.  

If you watch the credits, it will say Director of Photography is Thomas Markle.  This is Meghan Markles father.  Shes' married to Prince Harry.  She actually was an extra on one of the shows ... when Kelly went to an 8th grade dance with a stalker named Robbie.  One of the girls at the dance is Meghan Markle.

Katey Sagal - who played Peg Bundy - went on to be in Sons of Anarchy and is now on The Conners.  I haven't seen either.  

Christina Applegate - who played Kelly Bundy - has had lots of acting jobs through the years and lots of health problems.  Double Mastectomy and she is struggling with MS.

David Faustino - who played Bud Bundy - didn't have much of a career after Married with Children.

Ed O'Neill - who played Al Bundy - did rather well in a few things and had a long term roll on Modern Family.

RE: Married With Children - rickymouse - 04-28-2024

The Fergusin was my favorite show.  I watched that years ago and occasionally watch it when I come across one even when I see it listed while surfing.

RE: Married With Children - CCoburn - 04-29-2024

A friend used to watch that I think it was around the late 90s, so I ended up watching it quite a many times as well; I'll probably end up getting the theme song stuck in my head now.

They used to also watch Frazier around the same time with that little dog that used to stare at him and make him uncomfortable. Some of the British comedies from that time like Faulty Towers were pretty good too, and about a decade or so earlier it was the Benny Hill Show for me segue into the Tonight show with Johnny Carson followed by Late Night with David Letterman.

The 70s and 80s were really good decades for sitcoms and television series(and also a lot of music as well). On a regular basis I'd watch the Six Million Dollar Man(70s), Three's Company(80s), The Fall Guy, Night Gallery(PBS), and Magnum PI to name a few.

RE: Married With Children - FlyersFan - 04-29-2024

Married with Children was on 1987–1997.   
They couldn't make TV like that today.
Too many people would get upset and triggered. 

RE: Married With Children - TSK - 04-29-2024

(04-28-2024, 02:42 PM)FlyersFan Wrote: My guilty secret ... I love Married with Children.  Yeah, the shows are like 30 years old.  Yeah, they are crass.  But man, they can't make TV like that anymore.  Everyone would have a meltdown because it's so not politically correct.  It's funny as heck.  Comes on starting Saturdays at 5pm and runs until Sunday at 3pm on TBS.  I love when Buck the dog talks.  And the one with Buck going to Heaven is my favorite.  

If you watch the credits, it will say Director of Photography is Thomas Markle.  This is Meghan Markles father.  Shes' married to Prince Harry.  She actually was an extra on one of the shows ... when Kelly went to an 8th grade dance with a stalker named Robbie.  One of the girls at the dance is Meghan Markle.

Katey Sagal - who played Peg Bundy - went on to be in Sons of Anarchy and is now on The Conners.  I haven't seen either.  

Christina Applegate - who played Kelly Bundy - has had lots of acting jobs through the years and lots of health problems.  Double Mastectomy and she is struggling with MS.

David Faustino - who played Bud Bundy - didn't have much of a career after Married with Children.

Ed O'Neill - who played Al Bundy - did rather well in a few things and had a long term roll on Modern Family.

God that show is still great. I've been showing them to my girlfriend, as she's never seen it before. She loves it as much as I did way back then.