deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your life's journey to the steps forward in life
I think many of us here are over 60 and into their 70' and 80'. I, as you know my  life is in a foreign country and I'm really some what illiterate here, but I manage to get by.
My life now is that of one that lives by oneself. It's not a lifestyle I choose, but life is given to us and we shall abide and accept it. As the path of life leads us on a daily walk into the unknown thrill of just being alive, I've chose to say to myself, touch the ground with my souls of my feet and feel the vibrant life that awaits me every day. 
Thanks for reading.
MIM
(12-01-2023, 10:17 PM)music is magic Wrote: I think many of us here are over 60 and into their 70' and 80'. I, as you know my  life is in a foreign country and I'm really some what illiterate here, but I manage to get by.
My life now is that of one that lives by oneself. It's not a lifestyle I choose, but life is given to us and we shall abide and accept it. As the path of life leads us on a daily walk into the unknown thrill of just being alive, I've chose to say to myself, touch the ground with my souls of my feet and feel the vibrant life that awaits me every day. 
Thanks for reading.
MIM

Hey MIM, nice to read you.  I have to disagree on part of your comment, at least for myself.  We choose our lifestyles, every single second.  If your life is one that lives by it's self, then that is a chosen lifestyle.  I mean, our lives are a result of our previous decisions we've made. Now, that could change any moment.  I'm not suggesting you go rob a bank or start using hard drugs in order to encourage a change in your lifestyle but action reaction are a a life that lives by itself is a result of our past decisions.  And each new day can bring new decisions that create a new lifestyle tomorrow.  

Sounds crazy and you could get really confused following that train of thought but I think you know what I mean.  

My life seems to be taking care of it's self as well because of all the past decisions I put down.  But it is a lifestyle I chose.  And one really bad day could throw that level of comfort and security I've established for myself right out the window.  A bad car accident, disease, etc.  So, I feel fortunate and thankful every. single. day.  I get frustrated with how the rest of the world is rolling but in reality, there's not a lot I can do except keep my own corner neat, be kind, caring and helpful.

I've been struggling though with the old 'what am I gonna do with my life now' issue.  I'm reasonably healthy so far, going to retire in 2 years and I don't think it's the best decision because working is how I've kept myself active and somewhat fit.  But I'm so tired of getting up at 4:45a.m., traveling in snow and ice much of the year and really, just the daily grind commitment.  I'm a terrible self motivator and I have been all my life.  That's why I purposefully put myself in specific work venues, to keep myself moving and challenged both mentally and physically.  I could find a job part time I suppose but not doing anything I want to do.  

What the future holds, I'm not sure.  I've worked so hard to get to where I am and have this pretty relaxed lifestyle, I've now determined that I will probably die faster and not have the quality of life I need to live a longer life, regardless if it's HOW I want to live it.   What I'm saying is I really don't want to do much.  I've had a really full and active life, tons of memories, very satisfying all in all.  I'd kind of like to live the boring life for a while.  So for me, it's a bit of a dilema.  For others it might not be.  Do I give in to what I should do or what I want to do, which isn't a whole heck of a lot.  

Some days I feel one way, some another.  But at least I have a choice, for the moment.  Such is life.