deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
World will become exponentially weirder
I dont know where this belongs in forums, mods can move it to right place.

Terence McKenna, the American botanist, psychonaut, and philosopher in short video , which i find interesting ...

[Video: https://youtu.be/t-ZZ9a2CP9E?si=9LefmRO4ZtOhnhVk]

And for the term "  Novelty Theory "  McKenna is talking about, here is two links that give some picture about it :

Mysterious Object at Noon: Terence McKenna’s Novelty Theory.

The Curious Case of Accelerating Time

It`s interesting that , in some way it has to been looked or feeled like time is speeding up, accelerating......i thought it´s because i am getting older, which is also good explanation.....But this fast ? Rolleyes and same time so weird , like McKenna express it " just what the hell is going on ? "

IDK....but i have a feeling McKenna is on to something here...But not sure what to think , let`s say this is one option , and keep our eyes open .
So as some of you know, I am a Falun Gong practitioner (falundafa.org if you are interested in understanding).  Some of the things you learn along the way are outside the realm of modern science, but since you often experience things first-hand, you learn to accept them.

That said, this speeding up of time is a real thing in this dimension/plane of human existence that exists in the plane of particles between those of molecules and those of planets and stars.  It has been sped up to complete a process in the fastest time possible and although people are inside that dimension and everything has sped up in a relative manner, they can still sense it because it has sped up so much. It began in earnest in the 90s. It isn't "getting old" or just a feeling.  Even children feel like the day goes by fast and summer break goes by fast. When I was young, summer break lasted forever.

When the process is over, the time will go back to normal, where the feeling of barely enough hours in a day is no longer an issue.  I don't want to say too much so as not to have anything misunderstood or taken out of context, but the previous process was one of formation-stasis-degeneration-destruction.  Every thing, concept, particle, etc. would go through this process. You can guess what stage the current state of things is reflecting in ordinary society. It is not just coincidence.
(01-13-2024, 07:52 PM)Halfswede Wrote: So as some of you know, I am a Falun Gong practitioner (falundafa.org if you are interested in understanding).  Some of the things you learn along the way are outside the realm of modern science, but since you often experience things first-hand, you learn to accept them.

That said, this speeding up of time is a real thing in this dimension/plane of human existence that exists in the plane of particles between those of molecules and those of planets and stars.  It has been sped up to complete a process in the fastest time possible and although people are inside that dimension and everything has sped up in a relative manner, they can still sense it because it has sped up so much. It began in earnest in the 90s. It isn't "getting old" or just a feeling.  Even children feel like the day goes by fast and summer break goes by fast. When I was young, summer break lasted forever.

When the process is over, the time will go back to normal, where the feeling of barely enough hours in a day is no longer an issue.  I don't want to say too much so as not to have anything misunderstood or taken out of context, but the previous process was one of formation-stasis-degeneration-destruction.  Every thing, concept, particle, etc. would go through this process. You can guess what stage the current state of things is reflecting in ordinary society. It is not just coincidence.

That`s really interesting , and i guess i could now hint that i am not grazy with the feeling time has speed up a lot lol .

I still remember the school days when i was kid,  the thing was killing me...the days were so long , the schools class were painfully long and time generally feeled 2-3 x longer than now...

I never really looked Falun Gong , it has been on the news in past because the Chinese CCP has been acting extremely hostile against them....was there even suspicions about CCP using them in organ harvesting...kill them to get the organs.

My guess is, we are now in the degeneration process .....

Time is strange thing...

Thanks for the comments Beer
Time is a strange thing.  In general, each plane of particles, as well as each individual particle has its own time field. Even light traveling from far away isn't consistently the same speed as it gets jammed up or sped up in different time fields along the way. We think some things took place a certain number of years ago, but some things will appear unexpectedly for this reason and the time difference may be significantly less predictable in some cases..

Yeah, the CCP is more than just a nation's government form.  It's a figurehead of sorts, globally, with influence and tentacles throughout every society. There are reasons for all of it, but the things they have done are pretty terrible in this regards and people should really distance themselves from it.  China has a rich culture and fine people from there, but the CCP is not China.

As to the weirdness that goes along with the process, I tend to think of it like an exorcism.  The things (concepts, matter, beings, etc.) that are reaching the destruction phase will act more and more irrational, desperate, louder, and more ridiculous, but with less actual power before disintegrating.

People can't do much about the big picture for now.  It just has this process/mechanism, but they as individuals should maintain traditional, moral values, and genuinely return to those kind and upright ways spoken about in the upright religion(s). That truly has an impact on their immediate environment as well as a connection to those bigger things. It shouldn't be taken so casually as it has been.

As to Falun Gong, I started practicing in 2001 and it initially just explained everything very clearly in scientific terms, but very quickly actual physical changes and experiences made it clear there was a lot more.  Even though it is not a religion in the strict sense (no membership, place of worship, entity to worship, etc.), it gave me immense respect for those truly practicing spiritual cultivation in various religions as well as for those Divine things.
Quote:People can't do much about the big picture for now.  It just has this process/mechanism, but they as individuals should maintain traditional, moral values, and genuinely return to those kind and upright ways spoken about in the upright religion(s). That truly has an impact on their immediate environment as well as a connection to those bigger things. It shouldn't be taken so casually as it has been

That's  nice take to this , i really liked that .  

i been feeling  this hopelessness , sort of......feeling i cant much affect anything in the bogger picture.....the train just drives forward , no mater what.

Sounds as Falun Gong has been helpfull to you  . Yes the  CCP has really  damaged  China in so many levels....
People (and particles) are ultimately made up of all of the smaller bits. The saying, "you are what you eat" is pretty well known, but you are what you hear, you are what you see.  All of those reinforced patterns of electrons have an impact on the person as a whole.

In the same sense, if each person cleans up their own self, that is really the only way to fix the whole -- besides throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I have used the analogy that even if one particle in a bucket of black sand is exchanged for white, it is still cleaner even if it takes a lot of time to transform the whole thing, it is still worth doing and it is still progress.

The sense of despondence it pretty common nowadays and understandable.  There are some really despicable things that come about when the environment becomes this corrupt -- some beyond imagination.  What happens here is definitely a reflection of larger things. Whatever your way, stick to the good and upright path and you will get through it.
Cool stuff...

Might be too early in the day to ask novice questions, so I'll revisit this later when Ive read more. It's an interesting concept that got me thinking already, is this why so many people seem lost, especially the younger generation? Does it mess with us like a disturbance in the poles and magnetic field messes with some animals? Is this part of the reason for some people's psychoses ie they sense something is occurring but can't process it, or disregard it, as most people do, and it drives them nuts? Is this how people start thinking they are connecting dots to thier reality when they connect things that occur in their life as signs or premonitions? Is there a mind-body space and time connection? 

What's the common refrain "What difference does it make?" 

made me think of this video too

[Video: https://youtu.be/j0FE4tcg9tI?si=1ujyZ0O4GgcxWYnB]
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....
(01-16-2024, 08:42 AM)putnam6 Wrote: Cool stuff...

Might be too early in the day to ask novice questions, so I'll revisit this later when Ive read more. It's an interesting concept that got me thinking already, is this why so many people seem lost, especially the younger generation? Does it mess with us like a disturbance in the poles and magnetic field messes with some animals? Is this part of the reason for some people's psychoses ie they sense something is occurring but can't process it, or disregard it, as most people do, and it drives them nuts? Is this how people start thinking they are connecting dots to thier reality when they connect things that occur in their life as signs or premonitions? Is there a mind-body space and time connection? 

What's the common refrain "What difference does it make?" 

made me think of this video too

[Video: https://youtu.be/j0FE4tcg9tI?si=1ujyZ0O4GgcxWYnB]

Interesting thoughts Putnam , and just wow that movie , scary in a way to me.

Yeeh younger generation may have more difficulties to adjust to this show now than we older farts ?

How about the rising of theorys  like flat earth , mandela effect , world is a simulation ......thought flat earth is a PSYOP and not real phenomenon .

There`s been this anxiety and confusion more in the air recent years to me .
(01-16-2024, 09:59 AM)Kenzo Wrote: Interesting thoughts Putnam , and just wow that movie , scary in a way to me.

Yeeh younger generation may have more difficulties to adjust to this show now than we older farts ?

How about the rising of theorys  like flat earth , mandela effect , world is a simulation ......thought flat earth is a PSYOP and not real phenomenon .

There`s been this anxiety and confusion more in the air recent years to me .

Not gonna lie watched the video 3 times, and have read a little bit more, this has been rattling around my noodle since this morning. There could be a huge shift coming, what it is I don't know. But if we find out we aren't alone on the planet, we might be trying to find a new neighborhood, as perhaps the real landlord doesn't want 7.7 billion tenants. 

I feel an uncertainty that I used to not have concerning the world and society, always put it on Im too plugged into places such as this or ATS, read and follow the news more. But...

Don't forget the Artificial Intelligence angle either, and we just cloned a Rhesus monkey one of the closest analogs to humans. The more questions we begin to answer the more questions we have

I always put the younger generations' angst and anxiety on being such sheltered home bodies compared to us now "old farts". Im sure part of that is true, just as more and more divorces the decline of the nuclear family. But if Im following correctly this is based on the Earth's movement through space and time. ie it's not because my generation screwed it all up LOL. Maybe they have a reason to feel uncertain anxious and filled with anxiety, based on our environment. Perhaps younger generations are more susceptible to these influences much like children are supposedly more perceptive of paranormal events.
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....
(01-16-2024, 01:54 PM)putnam6 Wrote: ...

I always put the younger generations' angst and anxiety on being such sheltered home bodies compared to us now "old farts". Im sure part of that is true, just as more and more divorces the decline of the nuclear family. But if Im following correctly this is based on the Earth's movement through space and time. ie it's not because my generation screwed it all up LOL. Maybe they have a reason to feel uncertain anxious and filled with anxiety, based on our environment. Perhaps younger generations are more susceptible to these influences much like children are supposedly more perceptive of paranormal events.

Bold highlighted by me.  It's both...a bit of chicken and egg all wrapped up.  You could also look at it like getting your morning coffee spiked by your paranoid/jealous wife with some mood altering drug like ecstasy.  Are you at fault for cheating on your wife if you and your flirty coworker ... yes! absolutely, but that's not the whole story, is it. There was some outside influence driving it, but you had the ultimate say.

Imagine for a second that something couldn't be destroyed arbitrarily, but all of the rotten particles could be.  Well in the eyes of some, they might try and accelerate the rot of highly decayed matter in order for it to be fully rotten and destroyed justifiably -- sort of the nuke it and start over mentality. You could sort of think of it as having a knee in the curve.  As long as you stay on one side of the hill, it's not so hard to come back down, but once you go over the top, it tends to accelerate.

Say some concepts were introduced to break the norms and traditions that were keeping things from degenerating as quickly so as to accelerate it.  If you resisted, you wouldn't be to blame, but if you didn't you would. Some corruption and concepts are so subtle that we might not even notice how we were duped until looking back.  Does that mean you aren't to blame?

In reality, we are all to blame, but the driver is degeneration of higher and finer matter, but without human action, it wouldn't manifest quickly here. The sad thing is people of all generations have happily ridden the current of dysfunction and even celebrate all kinds of crazy.

The modern generation simply has no foundation of normal to fall back on so has it even worse as far as clear judgement goes.  Imagine if you grew up with no other concept that what has happened in the last 20 years.

Let's say for the let's pretend game that the future process will not include such a significant degeneration process and will implement a renewal mechanism without the destruction phase far before things get so damaged and rotten.