deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wireless Data From Every Lightbulb
I've had this bookmarked for years because I never trusted the technology in the first place.

How much this has evolved and in who's hands is a guess. I also wonder if there is a way to reverse the science to see/record what happens in the light of one of these systems.

The fact that this hasn't been offered with some kind of commercial slant today leads me to believe it's something to be wary of in our everyday lives, not for everything but under certain circumstances and locations.

No embed available but here's the link. It's a "TED Talk" from 2011 with 2.7 million views....

Wireless Data From Every Lightbulb

Wisdom knocks quietly, always listen carefully.
I recall many, many, years ago when a similar application was proposed for using the copper wiring in every household as a carrier for signals... modulated on top of the electricity that ran in them.  Like this one, the theory is quite sound. 

Whether the entrenched tech industry would "shift" towards using it was entirely another.  Shades of electric cars, (or maybe "Tucker's car") apply there, retooling the industry was a no-go then... it would probably be a no-go now.

But still... it can be done...
(04-04-2024, 04:10 PM)Maxmars Wrote: I recall many, many, years ago when a similar application was proposed for using the copper wiring in every household as a carrier for signals... modulated on top of the electricity that ran in them.  Like this one, the theory is quite sound. 

One of the reasons I think "Linky" electric meters were installed in France by obligation.

I had some serious side effects from the day it was installed and perhaps still do.

I lined the box it is in with aluminium foil knowing they don't need to send a meter reader any more. Which reminds me.... I must check it again and add some more. Thumbup

Wisdom knocks quietly, always listen carefully.