deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is The FBI and DOJ setting up a Potential Biden Arrest?
(05-19-2024, 07:32 PM)LogicalGraffiti Wrote: That's the sort of reply that makes ATS so toxic.  Don't bring it here.

Please forgive my intrusion in your exchange with Byrd, but I have to ask (and you don't have to answer)...

Why would a comment about ignoring civics in education feel 'toxic' to you?  

I only ask  because I never felt civics to be commonly associated with political discussion... it's usually the lack that brings discord. (Don't shoot me, it's just my opinion.)

What am I missing?... I must have inadvertently pissed off a lot of people, not understanding that this might be considered a 'toxic' element.
Maybe any comments or hints about arresting Biden are actually aimed at his handlers. The African guy with a guy for a wife and borrowed kids in his basement in Martha's Vineyard and the old bird with a husband in a dress who keeps falling over and acting doo-lally in public.

Wisdom knocks quietly, always listen carefully. And never hit "SEND" or "REPLY" without engaging brain first.
(05-19-2024, 07:32 PM)LogicalGraffiti Wrote: That's the sort of reply that makes ATS so toxic.  Don't bring it here.

I wasn't being sarcastic.  I do think we need to start teaching civics again.  We spent the year studying the Constitution, Bill of Rights, state constitutions and learning about the functions of the branches of the government.  My generation had a really good foundation in this and I think it's really necessary for good government.

So that's where I was coming from.  It's not a snide cut at the poster.
(05-19-2024, 07:55 PM)Maxmars Wrote: Please forgive my intrusion in your exchange with Byrd, but I have to ask (and you don't have to answer)...

Why would a comment about ignoring civics in education feel 'toxic' to you?  

I only ask  because I never felt civics to be commonly associated with political discussion... it's usually the lack that brings discord. (Don't shoot me, it's just my opinion.)

What am I missing?... I must have inadvertently pissed off a lot of people, not understanding that this might be considered a 'toxic' element.
My initial reply to Byrd was to say that the current situation is not due to Congress' lack of passing a bill to fix the border.  I maintain that we don't need new laws or funding to fix what's wrong.  Government has an obligation to enforce the laws as they are written.

In response to that, I get a 'civics lesson' which was accurate regarding Congress.  But, it has nothing to do with the topic of why people are streaming over the border in numbers we've never seen before. 

What's toxic is how this thread became a left vs. right thing.  I'm going to tune out if DI becomes yet another far-left/far-right discussion board with no room in the middle.
(05-19-2024, 09:01 AM)Waterglass Wrote: You mean like the "Q" gang?

Yes, like the Q psyop.
(05-20-2024, 08:52 AM)Byrd Wrote: I wasn't being sarcastic.  I do think we need to start teaching civics again.  We spent the year studying the Constitution, Bill of Rights, state constitutions and learning about the functions of the branches of the government.  My generation had a really good foundation in this and I think it's really necessary for good government.

So that's where I was coming from.  It's not a snide cut at the poster.

I'm with you. I don't see how making sure there is a new emphasis on teaching our children how this government actually works is a slight to anyone in any way. The rampant posting in the wake of Covid and the BLM/Antifa riots that constantly called out Presidents, and reps from NIH, and people in the WEF, etc are all misdirected. Any actions taken or not taken (as the case may be) were directly under the control of State Governors the entire time. In fact, it is illegal for the Federal Government to step into a State issue like this without being directly asked to do so by the Governor of that state.

All the Feds can do in those circumstances is offer guidance. Unless activity begins crossing state lines they do not have any jurisdiction.

(05-20-2024, 09:39 AM)LogicalGraffiti Wrote: My initial reply to Byrd was to say that the current situation is not due to Congress' lack of passing a bill to fix the border.  I maintain that we don't need new laws or funding to fix what's wrong.  Government has an obligation to enforce the laws as they are written.

In response to that, I get a 'civics lesson' which was accurate regarding Congress.  But, it has nothing to do with the topic of why people are streaming over the border in numbers we've never seen before. 

What's toxic is how this thread became a left vs. right thing.  I'm going to tune out if DI becomes yet another far-left/far-right discussion board with no room in the middle.

Well, it has everything to do with why people are streaming over the border, in my opinion. There has been close to zero enforcement of the immigration laws for decades, with statements repeatedly made by the government and media that people are even invited and will be taken care of despite no such legislation existing. Everybody knows they won't get in any trouble for illegally crossing the border so there is no barrier to entry and therefore nothing to stop them, and they know it. Just look at examples like that Venezuelan dude who was on Tik-Tok instructing other border jumpers on how to squat in people's houses and attempt to claim them as their own. Are these the kind of people we want here?

Any other country has pretty specific requirements for education, funds, sponsorship, etc that are in place to ensure that new immigrants are not placing an undue burden on society. The US has no obligation to simply take anyone who wants to come regardless of their background. The US doesn't need more gardeners and toilet cleaners. The country has a serious issue with lacking talent in critical areas like STEM and Healthcare. The vetting for these asylum seekers should be developed around what the needs of the country actually are. Nobody is entitled to come to the US simply because they want to come here.
(05-20-2024, 07:42 PM)l0st Wrote: I'm with you. I don't see how making sure there is a new emphasis on teaching our children how this government actually works is a slight to anyone in any way. The rampant posting in the wake of Covid and the BLM/Antifa riots that constantly called out Presidents, and reps from NIH, and people in the WEF, etc are all misdirected. Any actions taken or not taken (as the case may be) were directly under the control of State Governors the entire time. In fact, it is illegal for the Federal Government to step into a State issue like this without being directly asked to do so by the Governor of that state.

All the Feds can do in those circumstances is offer guidance. Unless activity begins crossing state lines they do not have any jurisdiction.

Well, it has everything to do with why people are streaming over the border, in my opinion. There has been close to zero enforcement of the immigration laws for decades, with statements repeatedly made by the government and media that people are even invited and will be taken care of despite no such legislation existing. Everybody knows they won't get in any trouble for illegally crossing the border so there is no barrier to entry and therefore nothing to stop them, and they know it. Just look at examples like that Venezuelan dude who was on Tik-Tok instructing other border jumpers on how to squat in people's houses and attempt to claim them as their own. Are these the kind of people we want here?

Any other country has pretty specific requirements for education, funds, sponsorship, etc that are in place to ensure that new immigrants are not placing an undue burden on society. The US has no obligation to simply take anyone who wants to come regardless of their background. The US doesn't need more gardeners and toilet cleaners. The country has a serious issue with lacking talent in critical areas like STEM and Healthcare. The vetting for these asylum seekers should be developed around what the needs of the country actually are. Nobody is entitled to come to the US simply because they want to come here.
That's exactly the point I've been trying to get across.  Enforce the laws we have.  I'm opposed to Congress handing out more money to the government when they already have what they need.
(05-20-2024, 01:07 PM)SimulatedSimpleton43 Wrote: Yes, like the Q psyop.

OK, thanks

(05-19-2024, 04:18 PM)Byrd Wrote: Maybe he's not directing it at anyone.  Maybe he's just stating what he observes.

Well hes sure as hell banging on the garbage cans.  I also take him at his word.