deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
W.H,O. and your country
After watching the WHO be the lap dog of China during the COVID scare they can pound sand without water for a few weeks for all I care https://lists.theepochtimes.com/links/q2...fIGNoX9FpV
Quote:Governors from 24 states have joined together to speak out against treaty negotiations being conducted by the Biden administration, which “would purport to grant” the World Health Organisation (WHO) “unprecedented and unconstitutional powers over the United States and its people.”
In a March 22 letter, the governors stated that they “stand united in opposition to two proposed instruments” currently under negotiation.“The objective of these instruments is to empower the WHO, particularly its uncontrollable Director-General, with the authority to restrict the rights of U.S. citizens, including freedoms such as speech, privacy, travel, choice of medical care, and informed consent, thus violating our Constitution’s core principles,” the governors wrote. “If adopted, these agreements would seek to elevate the WHO from an advisory body to a global authority in public health.”
The documents they refer to are a new treaty called the WHO pandemic agreement and amendments to the existing International Health Regulations (IHRs), which together would centralize a significant amount of authority within this United Nations subsidiary if the WHO declares a state of “health emergency.”
Governors from the following states signed the letter: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming.

No one rules if no one obeys

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire
I take major issue with this proposed ceding of sovereignty as a nation.

I support some amount of global collectivism (NATO) and trading blocs. But this is a bridge too far for me. WHO is a very untrustworthy institution and I don’t feel the need to abide by their commentary. The US can manage just fine on its own.

IMO this is just the creation of a liability shield for US and other global politicians. WHO will use this to push all kinds of agendas that wouldn’t be politically viable otherwise. Very dangerous and I suspect that the dissenting states will be a material difference maker for the US in the event the WHO decides to do things that most of us would bristle at.