deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Saying NO to lab grown meat
(06-01-2024, 12:06 AM)BeyondKnowledge Wrote: I not only have an objection to this fake food, I don't like lab grown as a lable.

As has already been mentioned, a lab should only be for experimentation, testing, standard checking, and developing the process. We need another name for this.

Synthafood
Neofuud
Stuff

Something worthy of the meaning of factory made food substitute that is descriptive, simple and legally binding to be on all lables containing any traces of these substance.

Even if proven totally safe, the consumers should get the final say in purchasing this Stuff.

Agree 100%, there is no need to oversell it and pretend it is something it isn't. 

but I prescribe to Professor Samuel Kinison's theories on world hunger. Instead of trying to shove synthetic meats down
First world throats how about setting up a lab and storage facilities in areas where food stability is stressed? 

Instead of retailing along with real natural food products, open exclusive stores or restaurants that serve nothing but
Petri Dish Proteins it needs to be cost-effective if it is going to work, it needs to survive on its own.

Honestly if it were significantly cheaper Id try it more extensively, but it's not cheaper, and the Impossible Whopper doesn't taste better enough than the cow Whopper to pay 2 plus bucks more for the experience.
His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....                                                                                                                   
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart  
I guess some will not have a choice on the type of meat they eat !  Kinda like the COVID Vax ?
https://freebeacon.com/national-security...footprint/
Quote:Pentagon Wants to Feed Troops ‘Experimental’ Lab-Grown Meat to ‘Reduce CO2 Footprint’[Image: https://s3.freebeacon.com/up/2024/06/us-...36x491.jpg](Luke Sharrett/Getty Images)Adam Kredo June 13, 2024A Pentagon-funded company is seeking proposals to feed America’s soldiers lab-grown meat in a bid to "reduce the CO2 footprint" at Defense Department outposts.
 BioMADE, a public-private company that has received more than $500 million in funding from the Defense Department, announced earlier this month that it is seeking proposals to develop "innovations in food production that reduce the CO2 footprint of food production at ... DoD operational environments," according to an online announcement.
These include "novel cell culture methods suitable for the production of cultivated meat/protein," or lab-grown meat, a product that is still in its experimental phases. This type of meat is grown in a lab from animal cells with the aid of other chemicals, and has emerged as a flashpoint in debates about the efficacy and morality of manufacturing meat products without slaughtering animals.

No one rules if no one obeys

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire
Would say this new video is also extremely relevant to discussion and it's pretty insane what they have planned in the future regarding 'food' (especially meat).

[Video: https://youtu.be/uYDWrBIHy24]

Beer
This is interesting. It seems that vegi burgers are bad for your heart and cardiac system in general. The ultra processed vegetables are causing deaths.

https://theconversation.com/are-plant-ba...20disease.

Funny how they were so good for you. If you want to eat vegetables, eat a salad, they are still good for you. Oh wait, growing vegetables is bad for the environment too.

Fake meat is just the next chapter in the fake food scandle currently going on.
Does anyone know the minimum safe distance of ignorance?
(06-17-2024, 12:21 PM)BeyondKnowledge Wrote: If you want to eat vegetables, eat a salad..

I'll be steering well clear of Bayer salads lol.

Quote:Biotech giant Bayer last week signed an exclusive licensing agreement with Pairwise, a genetic-based food startup, to develop and market its CRISPR-edited mustard greens

Another GMO ‘Vanity Product:’ Bayer to Sell Gene-Edited Salad Greens in U.S. Stores

Beer
(06-17-2024, 12:39 PM)Karl12 Wrote: I'll be steering well clear of Bayer salads lol.

Beer

Thanks for the warning.

Eating and breathing are now a health hazard.

Breathing I can deal with. I have a functional exopack I made. HEPA and carbon filtration power feeding a full face mask. Food, not so much anymore.
Does anyone know the minimum safe distance of ignorance?