deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Random Thoughts
Great thread!

I have an old motorcycle that I have had since the early 90’s, but haven’t ridden since back surgery a year ago in April. My wife is flying home here for her annual 2 week trip to Canada and we couldn’t ride last year due to the pain and leg strength uncertainty.

I tweaked my back a bit last weekend helping put a boat dock in have been suffering fairly moderately, but haven’t told her…

Now the weather has gone to rain and cold for the next few weeks so it may be a moot point anyhow.

I have today and tomorrow to get the house cleaned up and ready, so no beers and guitars this weekend.

Shit! I need to plant some more flowers! The dog needs a bath! I need to find her rain gear!!

These pain meds with coffee are kinda fun but don’t help with my usual lack of focus!!

Adios amigos! I’m off to do random tasks!

Tecate
If it’s hot, wet and sticky and it’s not yours, don’t touch it!
The Haiku Game and other Prompts

So we had a haiku game on one of the writing forums I was at with the same exact structure as the one here, and there were quite a few other writing prompts as well. I'm thinking about adding another at some point, could try a limerick game or something, but I know this place isn't exactly a writing forum, so maybe a little of that here and there is okay as long as it isn't overdone.

I've even actually modified my writing habits a bit based on current content and category options here, and that seems to have gone fairly well so far.
When I got home and looked at the indoor/outdoor thermometer it said it was 103° outside.
Humans Killed by Bears and other Animals

Bears kill people, but when these same bears are taken out, they are not killed, they are "euthanized", but why euthanized? Because it sounds so much nicer. There's nothing humane about being gunned down, but relegating the vocabulary of the act is just supposed to make everyone feel so much better about it, which in turn relegates the act itself.
You know, I am fairly certain that most of us have seen examples of political celebrities making fools of themselves... in so many ways.  Yet it is rarely acknowledged that using video tools, it is easy to change exactly what is represented, in other words, it's easy to make anyone look like a fool, or whatever else might be your aim...

Check out the video below (between 1:15 and 1:40...)

[Video: https://youtu.be/OVwKItbgd3s?t=75]

It's often as simple as that.
I'm with Karl, I think I'm going to fabricate something musical now.
Contemporary Condiment Container Trivialities

The only issue that I have with contemporary condiment containers is that after they sit in the fridge for a while and I proceed to using them without first giving them a gentle lateral shake, and all of the water that has separated from the more viscous fluid is just dying to get out before anything else – splat!!

I think that the mustard is even worse than the ketchup in this regard.