deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
There are no stationary objects in the Universe
(05-19-2024, 11:58 AM)LucidDreamer Wrote: Likely very true, vibrations seem to go on and on. Even the "stationary" is vibrating and thus moving. I recently read an article about researchers able to "listen" to a conversation that had previously taken place in a room between two people.

Those researchers recorded the vibrations from a potato chip bag, one made of foil, and were able to isolate the vibrations still vibrating from the earlier conversation. A bit alarming, as well as exciting.

We know everything is subject to vibrations. I wonder how long voice vibrations last and if it's possible to hear conversations from days, weeks, or even years earlier. Likely someone already knows the answer.

With AI it might be possible to isolate sounds, voices, conversations from the past and maybe even the future. Intresting thoughts in this brave new world
That in itself is amazing and scary at the same time.
His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....                                                                                                                   
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart  
(05-19-2024, 11:58 AM)LucidDreamer Wrote: Those researchers recorded the vibrations from a potato chip bag, one made of foil, and were able to isolate the vibrations still vibrating from the earlier conversation. A bit alarming, as well as exciting.

I was going to say that to avoid having an important conversation detected from the residual vibrations being measured it could be impossible to read if music was played at the same time, BUT, if the researchers (spies) were clever they could also isolate the music once it was recognised and then read the conversation anyway.

Perhaps white noise is the answer to remaining undetectable against these kind of technologies.

Wisdom knocks quietly, always listen carefully. And never hit "SEND" or "REPLY" without engaging brain first.
(05-19-2024, 09:35 PM)Nerb Wrote: I was going to say that to avoid having an important conversation detected from the residual vibrations being measured it could be impossible to read if music was played at the same time, BUT, if the researchers (spies) were clever they could also isolate the music once it was recognised and then read the conversation anyway.

Perhaps white noise is the answer to remaining undetectable against these kind of technologies.

I hope you are right. Apparently AI played a role in the technology. AI was able to separate the piano from vocals on the John Lennon song. Certainly not the same but the role of AI is key as it can successfully recognize patterns that we cannot and isolate those in separate places while analyzing the other vibrations and come up with a conversation.

I think paper, pencil, erasers, and a lighter are the best bet. Funny how technology seems to be driving us full circle in a backwards sort of way. I am sure this technology is still in its infant stage, at least at the level of this public study. Who knows how far along it is in the clandestine community.
I