deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Rat Brooch
The Night Gallery

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GviiTX1YOA8]

The Rat Brooch

There was this one episode where a lady bought this rat brooch at an antique gallery. It was a 'lively' piece, and upon attaching it to her garment she noticed a slight pinch and assumed she'd poked herself. On her walk home she felt another pinch, and then another, and another, and on this dimly moonlit evening a bloodstained silhouette had begun to appear around this newly acquired brooch she was wearing.

She tore off the brooch and threw it aside; continued walking faster and faster as to be somewhat unnerved and a bit confused by all of this while at the same time accompanied by a gathering of a slight sound of nearby rustling and a pitter patter of scampering which continued to unnerve her even more and more.

The sounds grew with each of her steps as an ominous mood had begun to dominate and overtake her. Her fast pace progressing to a slight run as her heart began beating faster and faster. Something so unnaturally surreal manifesting in such a short time to nearly wrap her head around it compounded with this immense fear of some unknown thing that was happening to the point that she was now completely panicked and running.

Screams and then silence.

The Rat Brooch

Comments: written from recollection of a Night Gallery episode that I only saw one time as a kid. A few decades later I ended up locating and rewatching some other episodes but couldn't find that one.
I don't think I ever watched TNG, but this brings to mind the Stephen King short story "Nona" that I read as a kid. Man, that story freaked me OUT.

Rats, man.
*shivers*