deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Secession Trend Up?
What was the poll results earlyer , like 10-20 years ago ? Is the trend that more people want secession now than earlyer ? 

Quote:Around one in four Americans say they would support their state seceding — ranging from 9% in Connecticut to 36% in Alaska, among 46 states analyzed.
From California to Texas to New Hampshire, calls for state secession have made headlines recently, sparking debates over whether states have a right to secede. We asked over 35,000 U.S. adults to tell us their views on secession.
Besides the overall finding of significant support for secession, the poll found that Republicans are more likely than Democrats to support their state seceding, regardless of whether they live in a primarily Republican or Democratic state. Larger and more populated states — including California, Texas, and New York — are more likely than smaller and less populous states to have a higher share of residents who favor secession. Most Americans who are in favor of their state seceding believe that doing so is a constitutional right, while most who oppose it believe this right does not exist.

[Image: 9QSl3cJ.jpg]

[Image: OhAhqo7.jpg]

The states whose residents are most likely to support secession: Alaska, Texas, and California

The division/ disagreement  is larger 2024 than like 1960-1980 , notably larger ...

Not sure do i interpret this right, but the poll is not just about secession ....people vote yes because they think the other side or party is not aligned enough with their own views , republican or democrat .

It is my personal view that Russia has been part of secession movements , i dont have evidense...just gut feeling. And i also think Russia has been influencing ideologically US decades ....So maybe something worth to at least consider ? You have people allready in High positions that are linked with Russia....Donald Trump, Mike Johnson etc...

US secession is a great idea — for Russia
Punto Rico would like a word.

Texas, Alaska and Cali are no suprise, but I would thought the Mormons in Utah would be also up there?. Also Hawaii, I wouls have a higher percentage...

Here in Australia, there is no part of the Australian Constitution for states to leave, iI dont know whats the deal over there..
I was not here.
(02-17-2024, 06:25 AM)BeTheGoddess Wrote: Punto Rico would like a word.

Texas, Alaska and Cali are no suprise, but I would thought the Mormons in Utah would be also up there?. Also Hawaii, I wouls have a higher percentage...

Here in Australia, there is no part of the Australian Constitution for states to leave, iI dont know whats the deal over there..

I have no clear picture either about the laws...in US about secession .

Is Australia still somehow connected to British crown ,as with laws ?
(02-17-2024, 05:13 AM)Kenzo Wrote:  You have people allready in High positions that are linked with Russia....Donald Trump, Mike Johnson etc...

How so?  Any CREDIBLE links?
Don't be a useful idiot.  Deny Ignorance.
DEI = Division, Exclusion, and Incompetence
(02-17-2024, 06:56 AM)FlyersFan Wrote: How so?  Any CREDIBLE links?

Oh links Rolleyes  [snipped]

Yes , i could spend probably half-day adding links here ...

I have not spewed up all my links inventory to even ATS , as much i could....because then we are again in mud , and i believe denyignorance was not intended to be political mud pit-like place .
Quote:Is Australia still somehow connected to British crown ,as with laws ?

The short answer is UK law was adopted by all of Australia until we made our own laws on those things, like the Witchcraft Act from ages ago UK was Australian law until we made a new law updating it.

All federal legislation still requires Royal Accent, but that function is bestowed to our Governor General.

I'm going to try find out if/how a US state could be allowed to leave, I have a vague memory that they basically have to be kicked out by the other states...

I'll post back if I find something of interest.
I was not here.
(02-17-2024, 07:28 AM)BeTheGoddess Wrote: The short answer is UK law was adopted by all of Australia until we made our own laws on those things, like the Witchcraft Act from ages ago UK was Australian law until we made a new law updating it.

All federal legislation still requires Royal Accent, but that function is bestowed to our Governor General.

I'm going to try find out if/how a US state could be allowed to leave, I have a vague memory that they basically have to be kicked out by the other states...

I'll post back if I find something of interest.

Sure and thank you, take your time Thumbup

Australia is such a huge place,  that`s one place i would like to see someday.
Ok, so this case seems important to a state of the union to not be able to leave, have just skimmed it tho

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_v._White
I was not here.
(02-17-2024, 10:34 AM)BeTheGoddess Wrote: Ok, so this case seems important to a state of the union to not be able to leave, have just skimmed it tho

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_v._White

Thank you , ouch my brain hurts reading legal texts Wow

Anyway , i am not a fan of secession , it`s just the final outcome/symptom from problems . Rebuilding unity / national cohesion is more important , but that is just my personal view, and not necessery the final truth in this matter .
(02-17-2024, 11:34 AM)Kenzo Wrote: Thank you , ouch my brain hurts reading legal texts :wow:

Anyway , i am not a fan of secession , it`s just the final outcome/symptom from problems . Rebuilding unity / national cohesion is more important , but that is just my personal view, and not necessery the final truth in this matter .

Here in Western Australia the topic comes up every so often and we cant leave unless a national referendum is voted on to change the constitution, so basically it would be the rest of Australia kicking us out

In 1933 there was a vote to succed from Australia, but was turned down by the Privy Council in the UK in 1934, as the Privy Council was dispended in 86, the decision would be up to Australia's High Court if it happened today.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secessioni..._Australia
I was not here.