deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
One Third of Married Couples Sleep in Separate Bedrooms
(05-10-2024, 06:28 PM)K218b Wrote: I am not convinced they sleep in separate beds/rooms for better quality sleep, times have change a lot and it's likely they don't want each other anymore ...

absurd.  My parents and my inlaws were both happily married for over 50 years.  They wanted to be with each other just fine.  They also wanted a good nights sleep and this is how they got it.  If they didn't want to be with each other, they would have just gotten a divorce.  It's very easy.
Don't be a useful idiot.  Deny Ignorance.
DEI = Division, Exclusion, and Incompetence
It's natural for every individual to experience a different metric of privacy.  I can't imagine that 'not sleeping in the same bed' is a detriment to anything, outside the practice of sexual union.  

For some it is important, for some it is necessary.  But that doesn't mean it is so for all.  Nor should extenuating circumstance have to be a burden of the relationship of any couple that can't comfortably sleep side by side.  People adapt.  Tradition can become 'stale.'  "Efforts" and "coordination" can be enticing.

Regardless, I am one of those who used to watch TV and scoff every time they showed married couples' bedroom featuring two beds... I felt it ludicrous. 

But when infirmity strikes... it can make sense... besides, there is a certain allure to 'ritualizing' joining up for a romp!  It could be made a fun thing... depending on the couple.. and their 'proclivities.'  Just sayin'.
That would never work for me or my wife. We've talked about it and it took about minute to suss out that we both would have trouble sleeping alone. We will always share a bed.

I am blessed to have a wife who is my best friend, who I share everything with and with whom I've never had so much as a serious argument in all these years.
"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."
- Benjamin Franklin -

(05-11-2024, 01:18 PM)FlyersFan Wrote: absurd.  My parents and my inlaws were both happily married for over 50 years.  They wanted to be with each other just fine.  They also wanted a good nights sleep and this is how they got it.  If they didn't want to be with each other, they would have just gotten a divorce.  It's very easy.

Different times and different mentalities.